Remember me
Lost Password Register

I'd Like to dive Green Lake this spring-plane related.
02-28-2005, 03:11 PM,
I'd Like to dive Green Lake this spring-plane related.
I would like to dive the plane in Green Lake this spring.  Does anyone know, or know some one who has the GPS coordinates? 

Maybe we could get a group together to dive it.
03-01-2005, 04:09 PM,
Re: I'd Like to dive Green Lake this spring-plane related.
which green lake? i know of three off the top of my head..
03-01-2005, 05:36 PM,
Talk to me Larry.

Where are you from?

I live in Willmar and have done a few dives on the plane?
David A. Torry<br />Cell (612)799-4333
03-01-2005, 05:48 PM,
I live near St. Paul,  And hearing about the plane and reading some things online I would like to make a dive or two on it this spring.
03-08-2005, 01:02 AM,
I am a member of the Kandiyohi County Dive Team, I dove it last September for the first time, and have dove it several times since then.

The family of the pilot would like to keep the coordinates unpublisized. The plane is fully intact with some of the pilot's personal belongings still in the plane.

We have taken videos of the plane, so we know what is in the plane. Bringing more divers to the site might spoil the site and perhaps cause looting.

So for now, we are going to keep the coordinates to ourselves.
David A. Torry<br />Cell (612)799-4333
03-08-2005, 08:22 AM,
Why haven't the authorities or family removed the plane? If I dunk my car or sled into a lake, I have to have it removed...
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
03-08-2005, 08:47 AM,
There's nothing that gets people more obsessed with finding something than being told they can't.  I can almost guarantee you someone will start a relentless search because they're not supposed to dive there.  If his belongings are there, the family should hire someone to get them back.
-Dave
03-08-2005, 10:58 AM,
Nobody said you can't dive there. they just wont publish the location.
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
03-08-2005, 11:14 AM,
You're right.  My advice is simply to not mention that the coordinates were known in the first place if they're trying to keep it from becoming common knowledge.
-Dave
03-09-2005, 02:43 PM,
I was under the impression that the military was still investigating the details surrounding the crash and that this site was strictly off-limits for this reason. I remember when it was first discovered that there were some earlier posts on this board to that effect.
&quot;Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose.&quot;-Benjamin Disraeli