Remember me
Lost Password Register

eBay freindly dive shops?
04-13-2005, 03:10 PM,
eBay freindly dive shops?
Does anybody know of a local dive shop that would fix the broken crap that a person would buy of the bay?  I'm sure that when you guys mention where you bought it they are all smiles :Smile 

I personally would think it to be a slap in the face.  "hey, I didn't want to buy your expensive stuff, but could you fix my bargains?"

04-13-2005, 03:23 PM,
Re: eBay freindly dive shops?
most will fix your bargans but with the cost of repair they may nolonger be bargans :o
I have bought on ebay but buy most of my equipment (especialy life suport) from my local dive shop. if I have a problem I still bring the ebay/garage sale/etc. to them just don't expext a free fix
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
04-13-2005, 03:54 PM,
Just because you get stuff on ebay doesn't mean it's junk. Dive shops are no different than any other shop... and neither is dive equipment. I understand where you're coming from, but dive shops should be readily willing to service gear whether you get it from them, another dive shop or online somewhere. If they don't, they are only hurting themselves in an already struggling business around here.
04-09-2006, 07:49 PM,
Aaah yes, Ebay, what a way to shop!
My husband insisted that whatever equipment I had bought at local shops, he could get cheaper on Ebay.  Well, yes, but we have three wetsuits that don't fit...and one that does, just barely!
When we do find a bargain on Ebay, we take it in to Smith Diving in Fridley.  Excellent service, good advice...ie. certain Dacor Regs cannot be serviced because they cannot get the repair parts!  I'm happy to take all my gear in for service, and I have extra gear on hand now so I have something available to dive with while my regular reg is in for its annual service!
Happy Diving!
Lisa
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
06-26-2006, 06:52 PM,
Smith Diving checked my reg (older Aqua Lung Conshelf) that I purchased on eBay.  If you know what you're buying (can it be fixed???), eBay is a good source for bargins.  Also, Craigslist is a pretty good source of bargins...

Thanks

Andy