Remember me
Lost Password Register

Who's Planning on Doing AOW This Summer?
03-20-2002, 05:39 AM,
Who's Planning on Doing AOW This Summer?
Just wondering if we could get a deal if we all get together and sign up at the same time? I was thinking about maybe the end of July in Lake Superior...
03-20-2002, 05:50 AM,
Re: Who's Planning on Doing AOW This Summer?
Chris, I like that idea.  I'd like to get my advanced certification too but I'd like to get more dives under my belt before jumping into it right away though.  End of July-Early August sounds good to me.  I'd probably be interested.<br> 8)
03-20-2002, 06:20 AM,
Talking to FantaSea Scuba right now, price break if we can get 8 or more to sign up.<br><br>Looking like July 27th and 28th.
03-20-2002, 07:10 AM,
sorry I already paid for my sdi/padi AOW for this spring :'(
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
03-20-2002, 09:12 AM,
My dh (Darling hubby or darn hubby depending on context   Wink  plan on doing our AOW this summer.  Please send me details if you are arranging anything.  He is a military Reservist, so some days for us are not possible.  --Starfish
03-20-2002, 10:04 AM,
AOW Update/Final Details
FantaSea Scuba<br>July 27th and 28th<br>Crosby Mines<br>No classroom, study materials on your own.<br>Pick up materials 2-3 weeks ahead of time.<br>Supply your own gear or rent<br>3 dives on Saturday and 2 dives on Sunday<br>Elective dives include:<br>Altitude, Multilevel, Night, Peak Performance Bouyancy and Naturalist<br>One Deep Dive and One Navigational Dive are required.<br>
03-20-2002, 10:16 AM,
PADI usually requires a 3 to 4 hour classroom before an AOW.  Is this PADI or someone else?<br><br>Does the DM choose the 3 optional or the group?<br>
03-20-2002, 10:42 AM,
It is PADI, you can call them at 952-890-DIVE to verify. I may have misunderstood. The person I talk to there is Pat.
03-26-2002, 12:54 PM,
If you guys haven't made plans, talk to Steve and Sam at itech@scubadiving.com . They teach privately and I am sure they would come out cheaper than any school. I dive with them and they are very good. They are PADI and do a lot of their training at Wazee. When I did my AOW (Fantasea few years ago), we didn't do any class room, we just reviewed the quizes in the book before each dive and practiced the skills before each dive. I wouldn't worry about needing too many dives under your belt. The only thing you must have down is your buoyancy. Meaning that if you can stay at a constant depth and follow your compass in a straight line, you are in good shape.<br><br>Derrick
03-26-2002, 02:36 PM,
Steve and Sam
Sounds like it'd be worth checking into... thanks for the info. If anyone finds out something before I do, post it here would you?<br><br>Thanks!