Remember me
Lost Password Register

Who's Planning on Doing AOW This Summer?
03-27-2002, 04:17 AM,
Re: Who's Planning on Doing AOW This Summer?
I did find out that no classroom is required.<br><br>The two mandatory dives . . . well, are mandatory.<br><br>The 3 of many optional are usually chosen by the store that runs the shop based on the available resources.<br><br>Usually Altitude diving is one of the options since diving at Crosby puts you at about 1200 feet above sea level.  <br><br>The 2nd optional is usually a bouyancy control course set up with hoops to swim through.  <br><br>The 3rd depends on time and, once again, resources.
03-27-2002, 03:55 PM,
Steve and Sam - AOW Instructors
I just sent them an e-mail, I'll let you know what they say. Thanks again for the info Derrick.<br><br>--<br><br>The e-mail address didn't work...
03-28-2002, 06:14 AM,
Steve and Sam - AOW Instructors - wrong email addr
Sorry Chris,<br><br>Here is the correct email address iteach@scubadiving.com<br><br>Last night at the Hammer Head meeting (soon to have new name), I gave Steve the heads up about the people interested on this board contacting him by email. He said that was great. I may be doing a nitrox class with them this summer. I will post details when I find out more.<br><br>Anyone else on this board a Hammer-Head?<br><br>Derrick
03-28-2002, 06:41 AM,
Re: Hammerhead
Quote:Anyone else on this board a Hammer-Head?
<br>My first meeting w/them was the one where they decided to 'not be hammerheads' anymore. Haven't really heard much since then. Seem to be a good bunch, and I'm pretty sure I met you there. It was at the Cherokee off Cliff Road.<br><br>--<br><br>I also resent the e-mail to them regarding AOW classes. Waiting for their response and will post it here when I get it.<br>Thanks again!
03-28-2002, 12:09 PM,
Re: Hammerhead
Chris,<br><br>I missed the one you made it to. Last night there were about 25 people. A lot of regulars couldn't make it, but there are a lot of new members who made it that haven't been around long enough to have been to a dive. Quite a few of the new members like to dive in cold water, local lakes, Superior, ice, etc., which is great. Now it will be easier to find local dive buddies.<br><br>For those who don't know, the local Hammer-head dive club has been around for two years. About 70 members. The club voted on breaking off from the rest of the Hammer head clubs. Last night we discussed the new name with voting over email the next week or so. We also discussed some of the club sponsered trips. We are planning a trip to Wazee, Crosby, Lake Superior, Door County????, a few others dives close by, and Rock Lake to find the pyramids. We haven't officially broken away, so if anyone is interested, you can join by going to , click territories on the left, click "US territories and caribbean", scroll down and click "minneapolis hammerheads", scroll down and click "join this group". I think someone will sign you up for the email list. I will email for instructions and post if different than I just described.<br><br>To view upcoming events, click on the link under "Group Events". None scheduled now, but we meet every 3rd Wed of the month in a central location. Last night was in Bloomington.<br><br>It's a great way to meet new dive buddies and an excuse to dive more. The experience is from beginers to instructors. It's a great source of info on local & distant dive sites, dive shops and all kinds of dive equipment.<br><br>Derrick
03-29-2002, 03:21 PM,
Re: Private Class Info Received
Here is the info I got from Steve regarding private classes:<br><br>"If you get 3+ Students, we can do your AOW for $150 each, and will work with you on choosing a weekend that works for the group.  This price includes your AOW (Adventures in Diving) manual. It doesn't include equipment which is available for $25 for the weekend if needed."
05-07-2002, 03:49 AM,
My DH [darling husband or darn husband depending on the situationWink are taking a trip at the end of May to Cozumel.<br><br>Yesterday we booked it, and he surprised me with also booking the AOW class.<br><br>We will be AOW certified by June 1st!
05-15-2002, 02:56 PM,
Re: Private Class Info Received
Quote:Here is the info I got from Steve regarding private classes:<br><br>\"If you get 3+ Students, we can do your AOW for $150 each, and will work with you on choosing a weekend that works for the group.  This price includes your AOW (Adventures in Diving) manual. It doesn't include equipment which is available for $25 for the weekend if needed.\"
<br><br>Chris,<br>I am interested in taking my AOW. Let me know the date and the school and I am in.<br>Mark<br>
A bad day of diving is still better than a good day at the office............
05-15-2002, 04:44 PM,
Sounds good, I'll let you know as soon as it's set.
05-29-2002, 03:21 PM,
Do you have to have so many dives before doing the AOW? If not, I'm interested. I'm planning on diving a lot anyway. It's pretty addictive.
Hazel