Remember me
Lost Password Register

dry gloves vs new seals and wetgloves
03-22-2005, 04:58 PM,
dry gloves vs new seals and wetgloves
I got a used dry suit from an exdiver but one of the wrist seals are riped. any thoughts on just replacing the seal vs going to a dry glove / ring system?
I currently dive wet and have not been cold yet (except on 1 deep dive where my wet suit was paper thin)
my concren is more with cost. this is a starter suit untill I can buy a better one that will fit after I lose the rest of the weight I am losing.
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
03-22-2005, 05:03 PM,
Re: dry gloves vs new seals and wetgloves
You don't describe the rip, but I would do both, replace the seal and go to the ring/glove system.  You won't regret it.
03-22-2005, 05:47 PM,
I agree with nomads, get a dry glove ring system and when you upgrade suits later you won't have to buy it again.  Just take them off the old suit and install them on the new suit.  I really like the Diving Concepts dry glove system with the blue smurf gloves.
03-22-2005, 08:34 PM,
Could not agree more with the other post.  Get wrist seal and blue smurf gloves.  I love the gloves. 

They are even warm if you drop them in Lake Superior and get them really wet prior to the diveSmile  Not that I have done that... ok.. twice.....
03-23-2005, 04:52 PM,
so as I look at the link I replace the latex wrist seals first and add the dryglove system over the top of that? I know this sounds dumb from somone who has been diving for a few years but I never had an intrest in a drysuit untill lately.
I will probobly have to bring the suit to the dive shop and actuley look at the glove systems there.
03-23-2005, 07:17 PM,
Jim,

I will be in GUDC tomorrow after 4:00pm and would be happy to discuss replacent seals and dry glove options with you. 
Don't believe the hype!
03-23-2005, 07:33 PM,
I may be able to make there tomarrow. ;D