Remember me
Lost Password Register

Digital SLR
03-24-2005, 02:29 PM,
Digital SLR
Anyone here have a Cannon Digital Rebel with an underwater setup? 

I own the camera and am looking for a decent waterproof housing. 

Dacook
03-24-2005, 04:02 PM,
Re: Digital SLR
I have a Nikon D70, it is about the same size as the Rebel.  The housings are about the same.  I really like the Ikelite product.  For the money, it is a great deal, tough as nails and Ikelite is famous for standing by their product.  I know you can get the Ikelite housing with eTTL control, which is not something eveyone has.
03-25-2005, 02:48 PM,
Do you know of any stores in our area that has them to look at? ( I am willing to drive a long ways to look at one).  I would hate to drop that kind of money without actually looking at a couple first. 

dacook
03-25-2005, 04:55 PM,
I don't know of any dive store that stocks lots of DSLR housings.  I did a lot of looking before I got mine.  There are just too many cameras and a housing is a generally too high dollar item to have 10 of them sitting around. 

Your best bet would be to call your favorite dive shop and see if any of the staff have a similar housig and would be willing to show it to you at the store.  If they can't help you, try your next favorite shop and so on throughout the entire dive shop list. 

Just remember, when it comes time to buy the housing, don't forget to support the store that helped you out.  Otherwise services like that would go away for all of us.

03-26-2005, 11:29 PM,
I have the Ikelite housing for the Canon rebel, I use it with the Ikelite DS125 strobe.  I think this is a great combination.  The only thing that I'm thinking of doing is sending it back to Ikelite for the new TTL electronics as I think it would save alot of time and pictures.  If you are interested in seeing it I'm from the Brainerd area and could leave it at the local dive shop (I work there part time) and could have some pictures there as well to show the end product (don't judge the camera soley on my pictures)

Lori
04-04-2005, 07:38 AM,
Lori,
That would be great if you could.  I am going to be in the Brainerd area this weekend.  Think I could take a look at it on saturday?

Thank you for your time.
Chris
04-06-2005, 04:48 PM,
Chris,

Not a problem.  I will make sure to have it there.  Lori
04-11-2005, 12:10 PM,
This is a big thanks to Lori.

Thank you...

She also gave me a great tour of the store in Brainerd.. All I can say is WOW.  That is a very imressive store. 

If anyone gets the chance to check it out, it is very nice.

Dacook
04-26-2005, 12:43 PM,
Dacook,

I could not agree more.  I was up there this last weekend for a DAN O2 Inst. class and they were great.  Very friendly and helpful folks.  I highly reccomend anyone stop by when diving up there. 

What did you think of their new chamber for the commercial divng school?  I thought is was really cool and, to me, is one more example of their extraordnary committment to diving and dive training. 

Chris
09-30-2005, 11:34 AM,
What is the depth rating on that Housing for the rebel? Does it fit the newer model canon rebels?
"Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose."-Benjamin Disraeli