Remember me
Lost Password Register

Minnesota School of Diving
03-11-2002, 07:38 AM,
Minnesota School of Diving
the Talk of Crosby bruoght to mind Mn School of Diving in Brainerd.<br><br>A good shop with a wide varity of geat for sale or rent. good service and usualy a good story with your air fill. they also teach recreational and commercial diving classes and have a well stocked and staffed service department.<br><br>if your diving in the ares it's worth the stop to get air and say Hi as they know all the lakes in the area and can give tips on viz and points of intrest.
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
03-11-2002, 07:41 AM,
Re: Minnesota School of Diving
Cool, sounds like a good place to visit before we head up there. Thanks for the good info!
03-11-2002, 08:40 AM,
Yeah, they used to have some really cool underwater pictures from some of the mines on their website but the link doesn't work anymore. Sad
04-23-2002, 06:38 AM,
I to have gone done some Crosby mine dives through this DS. Good store, shop, people, plannedf events.  Last year every other Saturday you could pay a few bucks, ride their vans to the mines, get a buddy assigned from the group, dive, eat hot dogs chips and drinks, and ride back to the DS.
Leon
05-29-2002, 06:56 PM,
Agreed.  That store is awesome and Bill the owner is super nice guy.  He'll give you a tour of the commerical school on a second's notice.<br><br>Bill has been around a LONG time.  His PADI number is 79 LOL.<br><br>My buddies and I go up there about 5-6 times a year and go through large quantities of air.  Thank god the dive shop is close by :-)  Plus, they have a good deal on nitrox which is $8 for anything up to %40 if I remember correctly.<br><br>Dan
07-31-2002, 04:17 PM,
Re:Minnesota School of Diving
I agree a pretty good shop but watch out for XXXXXX
07-31-2002, 06:51 PM,
Nomads,<br>I disagree, I found her to be very warm and talkative. It could be you caught her on a bad day, or I caught her on a good day LOL.<br>Mark
A bad day of diving is still better than a good day at the office............
02-15-2003, 11:10 PM,
Wonderful dive shop. I was in looking around, and the owner gave my wife and I a FULL tour, and answered about a million questions. I bought a pair of used fins at close to nothing. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS SHOP. If it was not so far from where I live I would probably be in there all the time.
12-13-2003, 08:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-13-2003, 09:00 PM by scubafreak.)
I took my Divemaster and Nitrox Classes from Bill, a very nice and knowledgeable person. A retired High School Algebra teacher who retired years ago, but still loves to come to the store everyday. The staff are always very nice and I have met some nice people in the area who I have dived with over the years. I highly recommend them to anyone who is visiting the area. Todd (Bill's son) has created maps of the mines to help aid the divers in finding sites to dive.
David A. Torry<br />Cell (612)799-4333