KISS me
The UPS man brought me a wooden crate from Canada today  ;D

Anyone know how the ice is doing?  >Big Grin
Don't believe the hype!
03-31-2005, 08:19 PM,
Re: KISS me
well first you'll have to shave  :Smile

stomp real hard and you can break through Pulaski ;D
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
04-01-2005, 10:01 AM,
You'll have to let us know how the kiss rebreather compares to all the others you have dived.  They really look pretty streamlined compared to other rebreathers.
&quot;Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose.&quot;-Benjamin Disraeli
04-04-2005, 09:40 AM,
Congratulations Chuck!  That's great news... will you have it assembled and ready to dive April 16th & 17th???  Hopefully ice will be off somewhere!

Oh, and good luck on the home front!  Wink
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
04-04-2005, 09:50 AM,
Chuck,
I'm disapointed, I went to the shop on Sat. and the KISS is still boxed up. ???
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
04-04-2005, 10:40 PM,

I am still waiting on a few "after market" parts.  Wink
Don't believe the hype!
04-12-2005, 06:47 PM,
Jim,

You will be happy to know the unit is out of its box and begining to take shape.  In fact it even looks like a rebreather now and not just a jumble of parts  :Smile

Hopefully it should be diveable by early next week...although  I will be at Wazee this weekend with my "backup" RB  ;D
Don't believe the hype!
04-13-2005, 07:06 AM,

Has the acquisition been cleared with the Ministry of War?
04-13-2005, 08:03 AM,
Chuck,

Could you explain how the KISS unit may have any benefits over the Inspiration, or is the KISS just another option in a varietal line of different types of rebreathers?

Is anyone at the shop diving the Evolution yet? Given the expense, it looks hard pressed to take hold in the market.

Any outlook in the future for what rebreather designers are putting their research into?

Share your thoughts if you have a moment.
Thanks.
04-13-2005, 09:24 AM,
Greg,

In the interest of preserving the peaceful nature of our treaty, and to avoid entering into a state of "hostile negotiations" it has been determined that certain covert and clandestine operations remain undisclosed.  :Smile 

ccuda,

Choosing the KISS was a very personal decision for me based upon finances, diving objectives, and versatility.  Like all rebreathers it is not without limitations...I think of it like my own Millenium Falcon (she may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts)  ;D Yes I prefer to think of the KISS as a "she"  Tongue

There are several key features about the KISS that led me to choose it over the others currently available.  One is cost, another availability.  About this time last year I was geared up for the Optima 2...I decided to follow the golden rule of scuba diving on that one  8)

Another key reason I went with the KISS is the modular nature.  I have already "customized" the unit to a certain extent and plan on more additions in the future.  The standard KISS unit is only viable to 9-10 ATA depending on your personal physiology, but again I have designs around that issue  >Big Grin

You asked about KISS vs Inspiration (I personally think the Evolution is the Edsel of the RB market) I do not think one is "better" than the other, but here are the differences.

The KISS is less expensive, more modular, easier to obtain parts, and easier to self service.  It has no electronics controlling O2 addition, 3 independent, isolated PO2 monitors, and the PO2 monitors (batteries) are isolated from the loop.  The integrated OC/DSV is also a great feature.

With that said the Inspiration is hands down the most tried and true of the units available (close to 6,000+ in the field) by comparison my KISS is #176  :o

As for the future...more bells and whistles, more streamlined units with better shelf appeal.  And a little inside scoop...one of the major computer manufacturers is making the "Vampire" an integrated unit with an intravenous fitting which measures your actual N2 and HE saturation levels...AMAZING  Wink 
Don't believe the hype!