Remember me
Lost Password Register

Black Diamond BC's
04-18-2005, 01:05 PM,
Black Diamond BC's
Anyone own a Black Diamond BC? If so, what are the pros and cons of your Black diamond model? I am looking at gettings one of these BC's and want to know what you think?
"Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose."-Benjamin Disraeli
05-15-2006, 08:59 PM,
Re: Black Diamond BC's
Sorry about the late post.  I have 2 Black Diamonds.  I love them.  Many people say such and such BC's are the best, but when it comes to safety,  WHY WOULD YOU CHANCE ANYTHING.  GO WITH ONE OF THE BEST.  The BLACK DIAMOND IS CERTAINLY ONE OF THE BEST.  I highly recommend it.  I just had one serviced for an annual GUDC in Maple Grove. 

Easy to use, plenty of stainless steel D rings.  dual quick dumps, built in 2nd.  Very strong material and quick release intergrated weight compartments.  Also the quick connectors and velcro are all upgraded compared to most.

I would consider selling you one if you are interested.  You could have your pick.  THEY ARE BOTH IN EXCELLENT CONDITION.

contact me direct by clicking my name and sending me an email.

MAXFACTOR...   
05-15-2006, 11:24 PM,
Since you're in the market for a new BC, have you considered looking at backplate/wing systems? I've found a bp/wing to be much more comfortable and secure in the water, easier to stay neutral with, vastly simpler to clean, and disturbingly convenient to travel with. Oh, and they're usually extremely affordable owing to their simple and rugged construction.

That said, you do lose all the pockets and d-rings, but I never really used them for anything other than knives and lights, both of which mount easily on harnesses.

There are some other concessions (no integrated weights, it takes longer to don and doff due to the lack of shoulder releases, it doesn't like being vertical on the surface), and the sounds like a winner, but it's something to consider.
05-16-2006, 12:33 PM,

Meh..its only a YEAR late, LOL  >Big Grin
Tongue
That which does not kill you, makes you stronger.<br />Blood makes the grass grow, kill, kill, kill!
05-16-2006, 05:38 PM,
So, fill us in, what're you diving with now?
05-17-2006, 04:18 AM,
callahad,.......  I assume your asking me to fill you in with what am I diving with now. 

Simple......  BLACK DIAMOND.    50 plus pounds of lift capacity most bc's are in the 35 range. so.... if your deep and you need to be able to get up,  your not gonna get to heavy with that kind of lift capacity.

Infact, I was in GUDC Tues. night at 600  and my dive buddy from my very first ocean dive was in the shop  (Brian Huey)  a great diver with over 300 plus dives    and  a good friend..  he just purchased a brand new black diamond from Going Under Dive Center.

The only reason I would consider selling one, is to get another.  I have back up everything.   

I do have 2 wet/dry suits for sale as well.    1 in  PERFECT CONDITION,  the other in good plus condition.  Will last for many more years of regular diving. 

UPGRADE  COMING.

MaxFactor

05-17-2006, 06:57 AM,
I think he he was talking to Shamre  Wink
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !