Remember me
Lost Password Register

My OW Certification Story
05-19-2002, 02:24 PM,
My OW Certification Story
;D<br><br>Well, let me just say I am now a certified card carrying diver!<br><br>Trip went well and I arrived at Black River Falls around 7:00pm Friday night, then got a good night's rest for the next day. We met Saturday at the entrance around 8:30am and made our way to the dive site (Wazee South). The first dive was a fun dive, no skills tests involved. Everything went well but I forgot my ankle weights which wasn't a huge deal. The Mares Isotherm kept me nice and warm... one guy in the class wore a t-shirt under his and it hardly even got wet! The remainder of the dives we did our skills, which all went really well for everybody. We seemed to have a very eager and talented group there, so congrats to all of them. My first two dives on Saturday were particularly nice because I was buddied up with a Dive Master candidate... very helpful. The water was about 42-48 degrees and the air temp was anywhere from 50-58 on both days. The water clarity was about 20-30 feet after we got away from the dive platform. (Must have been one of the first times it was used this year, it was pretty nasty!) Saw some nice bass, a dead trout, lots of crappie, some bluegill and even a walleye or two passed by.<br><br>Very great time, I'm definately hooked! Thanks to all of you who have helped me out and patiently anwered my questions! See you in the water!
05-19-2002, 06:20 PM,
Re: My OW Certification Story
Great job! Now you don't have to be the cook at next weeks Square Lake dive Smile. I too had a fun day at the Smith Diving  Treasure dive today. Although I didn't win any of the big prizes  Sad
Leon
05-19-2002, 06:44 PM,
Hey congradulations on getting your C-card.  
GO DIVING!
05-19-2002, 06:53 PM,
<br>Congrats Chris!  It's about time!  Now the real fun starts.  Dive with more experienced people and dive often.  Glad to hear the isotherm kept you warm.  My isotherm has been working well.  I wish I could say it was as dry as your buddy's. Wink
--Jason
05-20-2002, 02:47 AM,
Congratulations Chris!  Glad to hear everything went well.  how did your equipment work?  Hows the dive computer?  Finally certified, allright when we going to celebrate!
05-20-2002, 03:46 AM,
The equipment worked out awesome, and once I figured out where everything was on the computer, that was great too. I could see the display just fine and it gave me all the info I needed at a glance (Suunto Mosquito). Most everyone there had Uwatec Aladin Pro's, which worked out awesome as well.<br><br>Note about the ScubaPro Twin Jets:<br>Worked almost effortlessly, I just glided through the water and hardly noticed I was kicking. Very nice fins! I did the dolphin kick an frog kick with no problems, really helps keep the silt on the BOTTOM. As you all know, things can get really murky very quick, but the Twin Jets didn't seem to stir it up much at all.<br><br>As far as celebrating:<br>I'll be celebrating my certification everytime I dive... it was all I had hoped it would be, and more. Definately glad I finally did it, truly awesome experience.
05-22-2002, 11:37 AM,
Hey Chris Congrats on the cert. cant wait to dive with you.  see you Sat. ;D
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
05-22-2002, 05:18 PM,
Congrats Chris, but remember it doesn't count till you get the t-shirt  Big Grin.  Look forward to diving with you sometime.
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

Tom