Remember me
Lost Password Register

wetsuits
05-21-2005, 06:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-21-2005, 08:20 PM by LKunze.)
wetsuits
This topic has been hashed over before, but I was looking for input on using a farmer john wetsuit  7mm and then getting a hooded vest to go over that.  Do you think that would be too much bulk??

Maybe just the hood and not the vest, but then I would think that water would have a better chance of getting down the back.

any advice

??? ???
05-22-2005, 11:04 AM,
Re: wetsuits
I ware a farmar john suit with a seperate hood and do not have a problem with leaks down my neck. just be sure it is tucked into the collar of the wetsuit.
This weekend I did not tuck it in an got the cold trickel bown the back :o
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
06-06-2005, 10:04 AM,
the initial shock only lasts a second.

i stay very comfortable in my 6.5 farmer john/hood/gloves/boots.  until i get below the thermocline.
06-06-2005, 10:12 AM,
I dive with a drysuit but it is not required for every dive in minnesota.  If you stay relitively shallow then the water just isn't that cold, and your exposure is not that long.  If however you want to dive deep and stay there for extented time a drysuit is sometimes not even enough.  Even diving under the Ice a wetsuit will do just fine.  If all comes down to depth and time.  I have done many dives to deep depths were I need to get a heater in my suit because I was cold, and one time I was almost hypothermic, and thats in a drysuit.  Remember time and depth. 
Go Big, or go home!