Remember me
Lost Password Register

Just Moved
05-25-2005, 10:35 AM,
Re: Just Moved
Lake Wazee in Black River Falls, WI is the best inland site in the region in my opinion.  It has good visibility and plenty of depth, submerged trees and steep walls.  Very nice place to dive.

There are thousands of wonderful shipwrecks in Lake Superior alone.  Some of the best shipwreck diving in the world, bar none.  For example, the Cousteau team named the Gunilda wreck the most beautiful shipwreck in the world.  There are great wrecks in all depths ranges from 3 feet to 500+ feet and everything in between.  Wrecks generally are well preserved, have little or no marine growth and visibility is usually quite good.  Wrecks are protected by strict laws prohibiting artifact tampering and removal and most divers keep an eye on each other too.

In the Apostle Islands, there are beautiful caverns to dive on some of the islands.

A good place to start is to find a local dive shop that sponsors trips.  Good way to meet people and learn about what this area has to offer.  

My personal opinion is that the shipwrecks in this area, especially in Lakes Superior and Michigan are the best quality in the world.  There are so many wrecks there is a lifetime of opportunity.  

__________________________________________<br />There are very few problems that cannot be solved through the generous application of high explosives.

Messages In This Thread
Just Moved - by AngelFire91 - 05-24-2005, 05:00 PM
Re: Just Moved - by freedivernd - 05-24-2005, 08:07 PM
Re: Just Moved - by dbarlow - 05-25-2005, 10:23 AM
Re: Just Moved - by john j - 05-25-2005, 10:35 AM
Re: Just Moved - by wtdrm - 05-25-2005, 11:00 AM
Re: Just Moved - by billatlake - 05-28-2005, 04:14 AM