Remember me
Lost Password Register

Paul Lake
08-19-2002, 11:16 AM,
Paul Lake
I've uploaded a few pictures from underwater at Paul Lake so you can get an idea of what the vis can be like in the area I frequent. Several good lakes in the area!<br><br>Check it out: little green things with the sunfish are frozen peas)<br><br>Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
08-19-2002, 11:51 AM,
Re:Paul Lake
I made about 8 dives in Lake Paul last year...<br>WONDERFUL VIS!!!!<br>(Made a night dive there once, and was able to turn out the lights with a full moon!!!)<br>We dove out the West side...One of the restorts had flooded out, and the owner let us dive<br>off his access!!! (A little girlish charm goes a long way, sometimes!!!)<br>And of course, we shared our pictures with him too, to show him how big the fish were down there!!!<br><br>I LOVE THIS LAKE...<br><br>If you ever need anyone to dive up there, PLEASE CALL ME -OR- LET ME KNOW!!!<br>I would gladly drive that distance to go to PAUL...<br><br>Thanks again...<br>Jean Nelson<br>952-828-4255<br><br>
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
08-19-2002, 11:54 AM,
Nice pics Fred. We should get a group together for that lake sometime. How far is it from the Twin Cities?
08-19-2002, 12:11 PM,
Paul Lake is located just west of Perham, Mn. about 180 miles from Maple Grove (some backroads might shorten the trip). Something nice about it is just across the road and down a ways from the boat landing on Paul is the boat landing for Little McDonald, another excellent vis lake, so if the wind or conditions aren't good for Paul, Little Mc is right there. Approx. 10 - 12 miles north-west of there (north of Vergas) is Scalp (Lake Seven) and Lake Six, two more excellent vis lakes with boat landings just across from each other.<br><br>A get together in that area would be great... kinda my home stompin' grounds.<br><br>Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
08-19-2002, 04:59 PM,
Fred,<br>Thanks again for the dive this weekend. Also, congrats on the new -65ft mark!<br>Pics are great. Your description of the area opens up a whole new range of dive sites!<br>Thanks,<br>Dan
Dan L
08-19-2002, 06:26 PM,
Fred, Looks like the vis is better than we had yesterday. Let me know when you want to try to organize a dive there.