Remember me
Lost Password Register

Embarrass Lake or Sabin Pit
06-10-2005, 04:02 PM,
Embarrass Lake or Sabin Pit
Aly and I are hoping to finally get to dive up at the Sabin pit /Embarrass Lake this next week ;D.  I've gotten some information off the internet (dogs breath divers). 

"This pit is located approximately 60miles North of Duluth, MN and 4 hours North of Minneapolis.  Like the Crosby area mines this pit shares the same type of diving and conditions.  The difference is there are more mining artifacts at the bottom of these mines.  The Embarrass Pit has old buildings and footings that are still present."

My questions are....  I would like to know precisely how to get there, and get my boat launched.  I would also REALLY REALLY like to know where the best dive sites are ( like old buildings Tongue, relics, etc...)

I'm looking for any and all info I can come up with before Monday. 

Thanks in advance,
Art and Alyson
06-10-2005, 06:44 PM,
Re: Embarrass Lake or Sabin Pit
email "tpscuba" on here or call tall pines scuba in virginia, they have the closest access and info on that area, also you could stop at gilbert (just s.e. of virginia ) and dive, or see the see choppers and planes they are going to put in 'ore-be-gone " , the mine there.  embarrass in just east of virginia out of biwabik, just follow to giants ridge ski area and you will find the pit. 
06-10-2005, 08:38 PM,
Re: Embarrass Lake or Sabin Pit
Tall Pine Scuba could give you plenty of info.  Look through some of the old posts on this forum referencing "Lake Mine" for more information.  Most of us identify Embarrass pit as Lake Mine.  There are old buildings in it as you said and there are nice walls as well.  I like it better than Wazee personally.