Remember me
Lost Password Register

Crosby mine for begginers?
06-20-2005, 08:20 PM,
Crosby mine for begginers?
Hello,  we are looking for information on a good Crosby mine lake for begginers.  My wife and I are recently certified and have only been in Square Lake. We are hoping for some better visibility. Louise has been suggested.
Thanks for any other suggestions.
06-20-2005, 10:10 PM,
Re: Crosby mine for begginers?
Louise is a good choice because it has an easy shore entry and it is easy to find.  I think you will like it much better than Square.  Have fun!
--Jason
06-21-2005, 04:50 AM,
I agree with Louise. If you would log into GUDC's buddy board, I regularly post when I am going to Crsoby and am always looking for people to join me.
I will be up this weekend camping at Louise.
Chuck Johnson
06-21-2005, 08:40 AM,

I like Mahnomen #2 or #3 those were the first two mines that I dove in Crosby. They are right next to each other, easy entry, not to deep. Good walls, trees and lots of fish.  Stop in Minnesota School of Diving in Brainerd and talk to Bill; he will tell you good choices for beginners and how to get to them...

eric
06-21-2005, 08:43 AM,
You can't forget about Hopkins (The Fish Bowl).  That's a real nice shallow dive with lots of fish by the beaver dam.

06-21-2005, 10:27 AM,
I would even recommend coming over to Virginia and dive Lake Ore-be-Gone Great vis right now and some nice shallow diving and on Sunday contact us and we'll take you out.
06-21-2005, 02:07 PM,
Do you do Sunday fun dives at TPScuba?  Just curious for when i don't have a dive buddy...
06-21-2005, 04:13 PM,
Glad to hear that you are interested in Crosby!  Visibility is great and we are really starting to see lots of fish.  I would agree that Louise and Mahnomen 2 & 3 are both great places for beginners to dive, however these can sometimes get busy on the weekends.  Tree Hugger at Hopkins is also great for fish and has a nice shallow bay to enter at, it is also super easy to find.  Alstead South has a nice entrance into the water and with the old road bed make for a great beginning dive.   Hope to see you out diving soon!  Lori
06-21-2005, 07:01 PM,
Thanks for all the help & information, I think we will try Mehnomen 2 or 3 if it is not to crowded on Saturday.
Ken
06-22-2005, 09:41 AM,
we do Sunday fun dives at time just contact us or check our web page to see what is going on.