Remember me
Lost Password Register

Pro Ear
06-27-2005, 11:48 AM,
Pro Ear
Has anyone had any experience with the Pro Ear mask?  Been out of diving since Mem. Day due to ear problem and was considering giving it a try.  Let me know what you know..
06-27-2005, 12:28 PM,
Re: Pro Ear
Haven't on that but if you are looking to keep your ears dry I have a pair of ear plugs that I have taken to 60 feet and they allow you to clear
06-27-2005, 12:52 PM,
Here is a link to the vented ear plugs for diving.  I haven't used them but I've heard they work. 
06-28-2005, 02:08 PM,
Thanks for info and web link.  I think I will give this a try first.  I'll keep you posted once I use them
07-25-2005, 03:50 PM,
Just an update here:  I bought the Pro Ear mask and hood.  Did a dive in the pool to get aquainted with it.  It does keep the water out and equalizing was easy.  At first its a fight to get everything situated.  The hood is two piece and I noticed I kepts getting air build up between the layers.  It got me back to diving sooner than expected.  Now to start diving deeper to due more tests with it.
08-03-2005, 08:58 PM,
Update for anyone intrested.  Have done over two hours of diving with this mask and the hood.  Works Great keeping ears dry.  Only problem I found is that the hood that is designed for this mask tends to collect air when you exhale.  If you are neutrally boyuant it builds up enough to give you a little lift.  To remedy this from time to time I just do about a quarter roll to vent it off.  Can't wait until the ears are better though so I can go back to what I am used too.
09-12-2006, 12:20 AM,

Art,

I have the same mask and hood setup and found that it collects air big time but it is really great at keeping my ears dry.  I don't have any ear problems and I want to keep it that way.  A buddy of mine in Florida who got me into diving showed me the mask and I figure I would be safe then sorry. 

When people see it, I just tell them it is an MP3 player and they think I'm for real at first. 

All in all, the mask is great.  It keeps a nice seal on my face and ears.  It is strange how much you can hear underwater with that mask.
Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about about mission statements.