Remember me
Lost Password Register

Isle Royale
06-29-2005, 09:15 AM,
Isle Royale
Just got back from diving with Ken Merrymen on the Heyboy. Wow what a trip! The vis was 50-75' and the wreck penetration was fantastic! To date Isle Royale has got to be the best dives I've done. The fact that it is so remote adds to the fun. During some down time we helped him search for a rudder he's been looking for. He also had stories about how he found the Kamloops and his current project the Alabama off the coast of France A busy guy but a wealth of experience. I can't wait to go again.Linda
If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they are--Will Rogers
06-29-2005, 09:45 AM,
Re: Isle Royale
I totally agree with you.  Ken Merryman & the Heyboy are really fun.  Dove with him last year and have a tech-trip July 7th - 11th... can't wait!  Hoping to dive the Kamloops again.  Smile

Oh yeah, how much weight did you gain... Ken's quite the cook!

Did Ken dive his Inspiration?

Linda, what were some of the dives you did?
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
06-29-2005, 10:24 AM,
We did the Cox,Amricax2,Congdon,Monarh,Emperorx2 and the engine of the Chisolm. The Cox was the roughest with waves and strong current. The Emperor was the coolest with artifacts and twisted wreckage, some penetration. The America had the easiest penetration for me with two full decks. Cool truck, poked around from room to room. What a blast. Ken Dove his inspiration all weekend. He used this trip to tie off some buoys (SP). Woke us up to "Idon't want to work, I want to bang on the drum all day" Yes, Kens cooking was great with a thankyou nod to Mrs Merrymen. Linda
If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they are--Will Rogers
06-29-2005, 02:49 PM,
The first time I dove Ken's boat he still had that "Bang on my brum all day" song still stuck in the tape deck.  Sense then he has fixed the tape deck and put in a CD player.  I still can hear that song playing in my ears everytime I dive in Isle Royal.  Ill be diving there next week, and can't wait.  Deep intact wrecks, are just to powerful to overcome.  The best diving I have ever done is in lake superior.  This time hope to spend more time on the wrecks,  20 or 30 min in just not enough.  Planning on around 45min bottom times for the emperor, my new suit heater will come in handy on the long deco hangs. 
Go Big, or go home!
06-29-2005, 02:58 PM,

Hey Linda,

How many dives did you get in for the weekend and what was the max depth of the dives that you did?

eric
06-30-2005, 07:48 AM,
Looks like 8 dives... I hope we can get as many in...

And the max depth: 130 ft., recreational limit, according to Isle Royale's rules...  Smile
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
06-30-2005, 08:38 AM,

Guess if I would have read more carefully I would have picked up on the 8 dive thing...

eric