Remember me
Lost Password Register

Section 6 Mine Pit
07-11-2005, 05:35 PM,
Section 6 Mine Pit
I've been reading past posts about the Section 6 Mine Pit.  Where is it located?  Is it near the Crosby pits?  How is the boat access?  My husband and I typically dive from our boat if at all possible.  Thanks in advance for the info.!   Wink

Aly
07-11-2005, 06:03 PM,
Re: Section 6 Mine Pit
It's pretty close to the main cluster of mine pits.  It has a good public water access with a boat launch.  No rough roads to drive on just a regular gravel road.  Best place for info. and maps would be MSD in Brainerd.
07-11-2005, 06:41 PM,
You need to go through Trombley to get to Section 6. It's in the northwesterm section of the mine pits. I'm not sure how much you know about the Crosby pit area, so I don't have a good basis to start a description on getting there. But once to Trombley you go straight on the gravel road, make your first left, then you're next right down the dirt road. Its a fair drive down that dirt road, but the drive is easier than getting to most pits there. When you're making the right to the access road to Section 6, there is a gated access on your left. To bad its locked now, there's some nice dives down that road but the new owner of the access doesn't seem to want to allow divers to get there now.

Cary
07-11-2005, 07:43 PM,
We've dove on Louise, Mangan, Hopkins, Mahnomen, Alstead, Huntington, Feigh, and Portsmouth.  So, what is the closest paved road one would take to get to the gravel road to Section 6 Mine Pit?  We've got all the maps from the MN School of Diving of the Crosby pits, but I've never seen Section 6 listed. ???
07-19-2005, 06:55 PM,
The name of the town you need to get to is Trommald. Sorry about the Tombley name, I didn't have any maps handy. If you have the MSD over all map, its in Region II of the map. Take CR 30 out of Ironton, make at left at CR 34. When you reach Trommald, go straight down the gravel road. Make your first left once going down that gravel road. The dirt road to Section Six will be your next right.
Cary
07-20-2005, 06:56 AM,
Thanks!!  We'll definitely check it out sometime.  Big Grin