Remember me
Lost Password Register

Hi everyone, I did it, I had my interview after the pool time.
07-16-2005, 03:52 PM,
Hi everyone, I did it, I had my interview after the pool time.
Just want to tell you that I had a BLAST in the pool on Thursday the 14th. I was under water for about 15 seconds (down 4 times) with the Neptune II Full Face mask. It well be a lot longer the next time.  Awesome equipment, I love it better than my AGA Full Face mask. Just having air in my Full Face mask was really cool.  I have some new pictures of me under water. Here's a link to my under water pictures page,   I was interviewed on Thursday the 14th and the interview started at 2 pm and lasted until about 730 pm. So keep your eyes open I’ll be on TV UPN 29 Thursday July 21st at 10 pm.

For those of you that won’t get to see the interview I’ll post the video on my web site.  They also interviewed my nurse Sara. She wasn’t too happy when she found out it was my idea.  She got over it in a hurry. She said “NO CHESS FOR YOU”.. LOL.  She is a big part of my dream. I thought she should have some input at the interview too. They also interviewed my dad. They had to do a few “retakes” because of the phone, it just kept ringing.  The interview went great, I was a little nervous at first, but when the camera started rolling it wasn’t so bad by then I really got into it.  I’ll tell more latter.

Take care everyone, safe diving
Matt.  ;D
So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.<br />-Christopher Reeve-
07-18-2005, 07:30 AM,
Re: Hi everyone, I did it, I had my interview after the pool time.
Congradulations!  It sounds as if your dream is close to coming true.
07-18-2005, 10:18 AM,
Hey , way cool !!!
Look how far you have come Matt...
WONDERFUL !!!  ;D
Yea , couldn't you just like hang out in the water for hours!!!  Wink
I'll have to catch your interview on your web site since I am still down in Florida...

Take care my friend and KEEP ON GOING !!!!

Jean

P.S.  Looks like Drew is doing a wonderful job too ... I knew he would ...
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
07-18-2005, 02:23 PM,
Hi Ranger979,
Yes now my dream is closer to coming true!  I can almost taste it :-) 
Take care,
Matt
;D
So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.<br />-Christopher Reeve-
07-18-2005, 02:25 PM,
Hi Jean, thanks for the compliments!  And yes, Drew is doing a wonderful job, I wouldn't have gotten this far or had this much fun without him!  I could definitely stay in the water forever, it felt so good.  Take care.  Safe diving,
Matt 8)
07-21-2005, 08:39 AM,
Hi guys. Looks like my interview is going to be postponed until next Thursday July 28th now at 10pm CST on Upn 29 news locally. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

Take care!
Matt Smile
07-27-2005, 07:50 AM,
way to go Matt  ;D..... any thought of where your first open water dive is going to be?

me and the guys i dive with could always use another buddy.....

Ranger and I dove the Samuel P. Ely this past friday... was a very nice dive...

check it out...
07-27-2005, 08:07 AM,
Well Crystal River is where I plan to do my first warm water dive.  My next one I would like to have at Wazee Lake since I've been there before twice for the DUI dog rally.  I'll check out your latest dive spot.  Take care!
Matt

;D