Remember me
Lost Password Register

Discover Rebreather Night(s)
07-21-2005, 02:43 PM,
Discover Rebreather Night(s)
Hello all you bubble blowers  Wink

Is dry mouth getting you down?  Are you tired of running low on air and cutting short your +100ft dives?  Are you tech divers getting fed up with the high prices of helium?  Are your backs getting sore lugging around all of that bulky, unstreamlined, excessive equipment?  Well I have just the thing for you  8)

It has been a while since GUDC last hosted a Discover Rebreather night, and it has been called to my attention that it is long overdue.  For those of you unfamiliar with the format it runs on a two part schedule  Big Grin

The first night is FREE and involves a general discussion of rebreather theory, a teardown of several units, and a rebreather Q&A answering questions such as...Why dive a rebreather?...Which rebreather (if any) best fits my diving needs?...What is the difference between an SCR and a CCR?...Who is a good candidate for rebreather diving?...and any other questions you bring with you.  There is no limit to the number of people for the first night  Smile

The second night is a “hands on” approach to rebreather diving.  Bring your swimsuit, towel, mask and fins (please leave snorkels at home) because you are about to learn what silent diving is like first hand!  The second night’s pool session will give you the opportunity to dive the Dolphin SCR, Azimuth SCR, Inspiration CCR, and for the first time ever...THE MEGALADON CCR as well as the much anticipated KISS CCR  ;D

There is a nominal charge of $45 to cover the cost of gas and scrubber chemical for the pool session, but nowhere else can you experience such a plethora of rebreather technology in such a short span of time.  You will also receive an SDI experience card for your participation!  The pool session is limited in the number of participants so spaces will be allotted on a first come, first served basis  Big Grin

I am looking at scheduling the experience on either August 8-9 from 6:30-10:00 or on August 15-16 from 6:30-10:00.  I have 6 people committed to the pool session at this point and I am trying to gauge the interest of others before confirming the dates.  If you would like you can respond directly to this thread, or to reach me more directly send me an email to chuck@goingunder.net

Safe Diving!

Chuck Northrup
Going Under Dive Center 
Don't believe the hype!
07-26-2005, 07:32 AM,
Re: Discover Rebreather Night(s)
Hi Chuck,

I am the tall guy from wazee on saturday who took his first dry suit dive.  I would LOVE to do this, but BOTH dates have me out of town on biz trips... one to houston and the other to southern california.  So the bad news is I can't attend the session at either time.  The good news is that I might get some interesting diving in while I am travelling.

Steve
07-26-2005, 11:51 AM,
Steve,

It's OK if you can't make it to those sessions, I can always set up another time  Wink

After all I need to know what best fits everyone's schedule which is kind of the idea behind this thread  ;D

I look forward to seeing you out again, let's go get wet...or stay dry  :Smile

Safe Diving,

Chuck Northrup
Going Under Dive Center
Don't believe the hype!
07-29-2005, 12:13 PM,
I will definitely attend this event if it is scheduled on a weeknight after August 7th. Will you be posting the actual date here once all the details are worked out?
"Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose."-Benjamin Disraeli
07-29-2005, 01:30 PM,
I will definitely post the 'actual' dates once I get it figured out  Smile

It seems the dates I picked don't work for most people so it will probably be at a later date in August  :Smile
Don't believe the hype!
08-03-2005, 02:58 PM,
I would definitely be interested. I'd love to learn more about rebreathers first hand. Chances are I would be available just about any dates in late August.
09-07-2005, 03:20 PM,
Any dates yet?
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
09-08-2005, 09:35 AM,
Nothing set in stone yet...been busy diving  8)

I'll probably put something together in October when things start slowing down  Smile
Don't believe the hype!
10-19-2005, 10:30 AM,

Any date for the Discover rebreather session yet?
"Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose."-Benjamin Disraeli
12-07-2005, 04:47 PM,
It's December..... :Smile
Did I miss this opportunity or is it still in the planning stages.
Sounds like a GREAT idea for a winter opportunity.....  ;D ;D