Remember me
Lost Password Register

Carl D. Bradley
08-03-2005, 08:33 AM,
Re: Carl D. Bradley
That is so neat.  Talking to someone who worked the ship is wonderful, and giving him the oppertunity to see the ship one last time is great. 
Safe diving. 
Go Big, or go home!
08-03-2005, 09:42 AM,

I agree that must have been so bittersweet for him to see his ship again.

eric
08-03-2005, 05:58 PM,
You still didn't say if you recoved the jar of half dollars for Frank Mays
08-04-2005, 08:18 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-04-2005, 02:56 PM by Inspirationdiver.)
Bob,

Since the recovery of artifacts on shipwrecks is illegal, we thought it'd be nice to get some video of the jar for Frank. We were able to get into his cabin and locate the dresser he left the coins in, but as we swam up to it I found all the drawers wide open and unfortunately completely empty :'(

We dug around in the silt for a few minutes to no avail.  During the sinking event the drawers must have flown open and launched their contents across the room.  Most of the walls in that area of the wreck are wooden and were literally blown off.  That jar could be anywhere out there.
08-06-2005, 01:56 AM,
I also spoke with Frank when he attended the GLSPS Dive Into The Past show. Got a chance to hear his first hand account and bought and autographed copy of the book. He is a wonderful man. Thanks for posting the pictures. That must have been a once in a lifetime dive. ;D
"Nothing can resist the human will, that will stake even it's existence on it's stated purpose."-Benjamin Disraeli
08-10-2005, 09:00 PM,
Excellent photos Zack. Congrats on a great trip. The only problem I see is that Sam was reading over my shoulder, and has threatened to hide my gear after seeing your max depth.
03-20-2006, 12:01 PM,
thanks 4 those great pix ,what was your dive times??
              steve
03-20-2006, 12:26 PM,
never mine, i read on and the info was there, I got 2 excited with the pictures.
        Caversteve