Remember me
Lost Password Register

One dive left
07-28-2005, 03:24 PM,
One dive left
If you could only do one more dive in your life time what would it be? For me it would be the Saratoga in Bikin Atoll. What would yours be?

eric
07-28-2005, 04:34 PM,
Re: One dive left
Edmund Fitzgerald
__________________________________________<br />There are very few problems that cannot be solved through the generous application of high explosives.
07-28-2005, 04:43 PM,
John, any plans to dive the Fitz in the future?
07-28-2005, 04:52 PM,
Before anyone starts thinking about the Fitz, they should check out the new law Canada just passed.
I am sure it will be challanged in court but, for now they can fine you up to one million dollars for "disturbing" an archiallogical site. The law was aimed at the Fitz. and  other shipwreck sites. Granted that is one million Canadian dollars but still.
07-29-2005, 08:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2005, 09:16 AM by john j.)
[/quote]

Lon--
It's on my wish list, but no plans at this point.  It's been quite entertaining over the years though hearing all the hype every time I even mention the possibility of thinking about of diving on it.   

I once had a well-known diver and charter captain tell me that the Canadian Coast Guard is maintaining hydrophones on the wreck to detect bubble noises from divers in case anyone attempts diving on it.  I'd like to try some of the stuff he's smoking.   

I personally think all the hype stems from some people's perceived competitive threat from other divers out there, which is just silly because the Fitz has already been dived, so whoever dives it next will not be doing "a first".   The amount of politics in the tech diving world is unbelievable.  It's perpetual absurdity.
__________________________________________<br />There are very few problems that cannot be solved through the generous application of high explosives.
07-29-2005, 09:26 AM,
[/quote]

It's on my wish list, but no plans at this point.  It's been quite entertaining over the years though hearing all the hype every time I even mention the possibility of thinking about of diving on it.   

[/quote]

Thats because we all know that you could do it...

eric
07-29-2005, 10:24 AM,
Fitz would definitely be the number 1...but since that has already been listed I'll go with the Hamilton and Scourge  Wink

That is if the Mounties aren't patrolling the area...I bet the horses get tired  >Big Grin
Don't believe the hype!
07-29-2005, 11:06 AM,
Quote:Before anyone starts thinking about the Fitz, they should check out the new law Canada just passed.
I am sure it will be challanged in court but, for now they can fine you up to one million dollars for \"disturbing\" an archiallogical site. The law was aimed at the Fitz. and  other shipwreck sites. Granted that is one million Canadian dollars but still.

I would like to see the new law, and read the info for myself.  There is always a way around the crap polititions do, and what does disturding mean (distroying, touching, penetration, or what).  Anyone know where it is on the net. 
Go Big, or go home!
07-29-2005, 12:51 PM,

Quote:

Thats because we all know that you could do it...

eric
Quote:

Thanks Eric-that was very kind thing to say.  It would be a big project.  Lots of practice required.  Somebody will dive on her again someday, that I know for sure.
07-29-2005, 12:52 PM,

Chuck-I haven't heard much about those.  Please tell us more.