Remember me
Lost Password Register

Almost Cooked
05-13-2002, 02:55 PM,
Almost Cooked
Did a test/practice dive in an indoor pool Saturday with the Isotherm... Before I even got in the water I was cooking, once in the water I was ok though. There is definately a difference in bouyancy from one wetsuit to another... glad I did it though, everything went just fine. I had a small problem getting my mask to seal when I put the hood on however. Lack of experience on my part was to blame I'm sure.
05-13-2002, 03:16 PM,
Re: Almost Cooked
chris,  <br><br> are you taking ow or aow?.....i just did my confined water for ow this past weekend
tony
05-13-2002, 03:43 PM,
Doing my OW. Heading to Black River Falls next weekend to Lake Wazee to finish it up... Been a long wait! I signed up for the OW course the week we got back from our Caribbean cruise in January, can't wait! If you went through FantaSea Scuba then I probably saw you. I would have been the guy fumbling around in the deep end, haha.
05-14-2002, 10:29 PM,
<br>Chris, I did some real dives today in my new isotherm.  A couple notes.  <br><br>The isotherm really traps air well because of the neck seal.  You have to burp the suit before you decend.  I found it a little tricky at first.  I wore more weight today than my regular 7mm suit.  I think this is because I wasn't able to get all the air out.<br><br>I think the opening on the mares hood is a little small.  I may end up trimming it a bit to enlarge the opening.  Also, I usually ask my dive buddy to check if my mask skirt is completely under the hood.  The mask has to seal against your face, not the hood.<br><br>Good luck this weekend.  The isotherm is warmer than most suits.  Wazee will provide a good test.<br>
--Jason