Remember me
Lost Password Register

Time for practice/training
11-26-2002, 09:06 AM,
Re:Time for practice/training
Chrisw,
I don't know that they are tricks (the tricks come at the deeper depths), but just equalizing often during the day is what I do. It seemed for a long time the ear I injured actually equalized easier than the other, so I wouldn't have described it as feeling kinda stiff but rather kinda loose. Certain sound waves still make it feel "funny". Get this, especially the sound of water, ie. faucet, shower, etc. No kidding.

Learn the Frenzel technique as described in other posts, do it often during the day until it becomes nothing to equalize. I plug my nose, tense up my tongue for an instant against the back of my upper teeth/roof of mouth with the epiglottis closed, and my ears pop (if your adams apple moves up and your nostrils flare you most likely are doing it correctly). It can take time at first if you have trouble with the eustacheon tubes being stiff or plugged, but with the Frenzel you can really generate a lot of pressure with little energy, and eventually the eustacheon tubes will relax and stretch easier and easier.

Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?