Remember me
Lost Password Register

Square Lake
08-31-2005, 06:08 AM,
Square Lake
My friend will be in the area this weekend and wants to dive.  What is vis on Square Lake and where would a good area to dive.  I have never dove on Square but might hit it on Sunday.  Thanks for your help everyone
09-01-2005, 04:49 PM,
Re: Square Lake
The viz is very tempermental. It depends on the weather, time of day and mostly how many other divers are in the water. If you stay to one side of the main training area or the other, the viz isn't bad. But if there are lots of divers in the water and you head straight thru the training platforms it will decrease rapidly oftentimes. You can enter thru Golden Acres campground or the state park. Both have parking fees, the campground has easier access, the park has less traffic but a steep hill to portage up and down from the parking lot to the shoreline
In Life, You Either Do or You Don't. I Did! - (Wallace the Pit Bull 4/3/02-8/23/13)
04-14-2006, 08:28 PM,
Did a quick dive out at Square this afternoon.  Water temp was 48 degrees and viz was around 10 - 15 feet.
04-22-2006, 05:30 PM,
Did a dive out at Square Lake Today.  (4/21/06)  Vis was between 10 & 15.  I went straight out from the fishing pier and ran into an old platform I hadn't seen before.  It's just 5 10' poles and a wood platform top sitting on the bottom now.  It's about 150' out at a 120 deg heading from the end of the yellow coated cable.

Min temp at 30' was 45, it was about 50 around 24'.  visibility got worse the closer to the cable.

Jeff
Jeff
05-09-2006, 09:17 PM,
Square lake still has fair vis...I was out there both Sunday May7, and today.  The temp at 25 ft is about 54 degrees.  Not a bad day for a dive!  Beautiful weather and clear vis. despite last nights pouring rain.  The Crappies are thick under the fishing pier!!  Bass, snails and minnows were everywhere.  I might have to get my husband out fishing and diving!!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
05-09-2006, 09:22 PM,
why don't you get him a license for a change,  and let him scubafish.  It's legal and you can sure see the hot spots >Big Grin
maxfactor
05-10-2006, 08:50 AM,
I'm looking forward to that myself. I've read a few posts about scuba-angling and it sounds like fun!
05-10-2006, 03:45 PM,

I'm planning on that too with, AanA, as soon as the water is warm enough for my regulator.  ;D

I can't wait! See, AandA, I havn't forgotten.  8)
That which does not kill you, makes you stronger.<br />Blood makes the grass grow, kill, kill, kill!
05-10-2006, 04:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-10-2006, 08:16 PM by DiverQueen.)
No problem with the temps!  It's about 54 degrees at 20 feet!  Go out and have a good time!  Black Crappie are good eating too!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
05-10-2006, 07:52 PM,
54 degrees??? !!!!!

Oh boy ... (tries to remember) ...

Jean
AKA  Warm water wuss ...

P.S.  I'll be thinking about you in my 3mm and 7mm shorty...  ;D ;D ;D
I am glad the ice is out and diving is underway up there ... YAHOO !!!!
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH