Remember me
Lost Password Register

GUDC Jamborie
07-26-2005, 11:58 AM,
GUDC Jamborie
Hello everyone,

If you are looking for a fun filled, action packed, diving extravaganza then set aside August 27 and 28 on your calander  ;D

You can join all of your favorite instructors and divemasters from GUDC at Crosby for diving, camping, and BBQ-ing  Smile

We will be conducting open water dives, advanced dives, and a plethora of specialties.  We will also be out just plain fun diving  Wink We will be running in-store specials on classes and rentals.  If you would like to sign up for a course or rent equipment call the shop at 763-424-8717 I look forward to seeing all of you  Smile

Safe Diving,

Chuck Northrup
Going Under Dive Center
Don't believe the hype!
07-29-2005, 07:10 AM,
Re: GUDC Jamborie
I have it on my calendar... and I'll have my car detailed afterwards...
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
07-30-2005, 04:24 PM,
Its on my Calender also, but why would you need to detail your car? the red on the Scuburban is a badge of honer ;D
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
08-08-2005, 08:33 AM,
I took the 26th off and plan top go up Thurs. night if anyone wants to go early. PM or email MNLakeDiver@bwig.net.
if your afraid of getting your car dirty I am going up alone with my scuburban and could hall a few extras with.
08-08-2005, 07:20 PM,
Jim,

I most likely will head up Thursday night myself.  Let me know if you want to caravan.  We could meet at the shop and leave from there  Smile

If not feel free to give me a call and let me know when you plan on leaving.  You can reach me at the shop (for those who don't know yet I am back full time at GUDC ;D I guess the real world wasn't ready for me yet  :Smile) the phone number is 763.424.8717 or on my cell 612.419.1261

And as far as the stains on the car go...ever read the book the "Red Badge of Courage"  >Big Grin   
Don't believe the hype!
08-08-2005, 07:29 PM,
I get off work at 5:00 if I have my stuff loaded I could be to the shop at 6:00
of course if we both go up on Thurs. I may need to leave the back seat out for beer  ;D
08-12-2005, 08:06 AM,
Where do you plan to stake tent?  I'm out of town until late Friday, so I'll be heading up early Sat.  Probably still be you guys into the water! Although I missed Wednesday night's dive (work), I won't miss this!
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
08-12-2005, 01:57 PM,
I will be at Louise, some of the guys with big trailers are planning on staying at Portsmouth  Smile

My goal for the weekend though is to not get "stuck in the rut" of diving Louise every time  Wink  I know the DNR has shut down some of the access roads, but I haven't done Section 6 in about 4 years.  I always liked Joan too, lots of big northerns  ;D  But that dive almost necessitates a sherpa...the DNR blocked access to that one  :'(

See you on the 27th...bright and early  :Smile 
Don't believe the hype!
08-12-2005, 03:07 PM,
Go around the back of Joan to Grunt&Heave (really not that bad).  If you go left from there about 400 yards there is a 2001 Ford F350 Diesel.
08-22-2005, 02:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-22-2005, 02:04 PM by LKunze.)
Bill, we were at this access this weekend but we didn't find the truck.  I don't think we went far enough but how deep is it?  Also, going to the left we encountered a real thick yellowish orange cloud at around 15 feet.  I've never seen a cloud that thick before.  Any idea what it's caused by?  It didn't look like the typical thermocline white haze that we usually see.