Remember me
Lost Password Register

PST in trouble...
09-13-2005, 09:19 AM,
PST in trouble...
09-13-2005, 12:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-13-2005, 01:59 PM by LKunze.)
Re: PST in trouble...
More food for thought depending on how this plays out.  I've heard that the high pressure E-Series tanks are manufactured under a DOT exemption that must be renewed annually.  If PST closes and the exemption is not renewed then all of the E-Series tanks in circulation will no longer be able to be hydro'd or filled. :o If that is true would that ever suck.   >Sad The new Worthington high pressure steels are looking better everyday.
09-14-2005, 12:16 AM,
Lonnie:
Thanks for the link btw...
Hey , I was listening to some conversation down here in the shop just this last Monday and they are saying that it is getting hard to obtain Low-Pressure Fabers now too ...
(Not sure if that is just rumor or ... !!! )

I have seen very few high-pressure E Series tanks down here...Just a few here and there...But I hear they are getting to be more popular...

Anyway , tx for the info !!!

Jean

P.S.  My 85's are low pressure Fabers and I got a little nervous when they were talking about stuff I use ... (GULP)  :o
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
09-14-2005, 05:10 AM,
I think a lot of shops will be carrying Worthington tanks in the near future if they aren't already..  They have low pressure tanks which are like the Fabers and high pressure tanks like the PST's.  The low pressures are already available and the high pressures will be shipping to shops at the end of the month from what I have heard.
09-14-2005, 01:47 PM,
Worthington tanks, from what I hear are going to have the same make up as the PST Tanks except on the inside, which is where PST's were vulnerable anyways. Sounds like Worthington's are going to have the phosphatized interior just like Faber. If that is true then I will be buying a Worthington or a Faber.

My last Faber 85 was perfect on it's last visual before I sent it to its new home in Boca Rotan, FL after selling it on ebay. Made good money on that one but I gave up a helluva tank. The PST experiment should teach us all about how the Supply and Demand fads and how quickly they take hold within the...got have it because its new and better...dive industry.
09-14-2005, 02:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-14-2005, 02:17 PM by LKunze.)
Well, nothing is official yet.  PST has been around a long time.  Their HP tanks are fairly new though and Worthington is answering the demand for them with their new X-series tanks.  I agree though, if the Worthington's new HP tanks are like they are describing having the superior hot dip galvanized exterior like PST's and not the crappy paint chip prone exterior like the Fabers; then if they have the excellent Faber interior instead of the rust prone PST interior they will have a winner on their hands.  It will be pointless to buy another Faber or PST in my opinion.  You get the Pros of each tank without the Cons. 
09-14-2005, 07:38 PM,

Press Release

September 14, 2005
PST-Scuba to Relocate Production Facility & Extend D.O.T. Exemption for Steel Diving Cylinders

PST-Scuba announced today that the relocation of their production facility is well under way. Final movement of manufacturing equipment is scheduled for the First Quarter of 2006.

Both manufacturing facilities and administrative offices are being relocated to a City of Milwaukee location. Details of the move, including new address and other contact information, will be made public in the coming months.

PST-Scuba acknowledged that the relocation has taken longer than initially planned, in part due to the complexity of moving large equipment used to produce their highly popular E-Series steel diving cylinders. The Company apologized for interim production delays, which have caused a shortage in their diving cylinder supply.

PST-Scuba also reported that extension of their Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) Exemption 9791 is also in progress, with extension anticipated in January 2006. The Company fully expects their extension request will be approved by the D.O.T., well in advance of the January 2006 expiration date.