Remember me
Lost Password Register

Beginners
10-10-2005, 08:45 AM,
Beginners
Me and my wife are moving to Moorhead soon and we both really cant wait to get certified when we get there. Does anyone have any advice for us before we get started? Are there any informative books that can help us?
10-10-2005, 11:25 AM,
Re: Beginners
I'd recommend you stop into Mick's Scuba in Moorhead and talk with them.  They should be able to point you in the right direction.  Mick's Scuba's contact info is listed on the "Diveshops" page of our website.  Good luck!  Smile
10-10-2005, 12:10 PM,
Do they offer certification courses year around? Should we look into getting wetsuits and snorkeling equipment before starting?
10-10-2005, 12:20 PM,
Through the class, you'll get the mask and snorkel for the pool sessions. It's all a package deal with your open water dives. I believe they're about half way done with one class right now and will be starting another fairly soon. I'd call and check it out.
10-10-2005, 12:59 PM,
here is the web site for micks

They have been the business for years I used to stop by as a punk kid and hang out 25 years ago, they will help you out.  yes they offer classes year round but may not do the open water part of the class this late in the year. 

Where are you moving from?

When you get finished feel free to drop me line and I will take you out to some of the local lakes, you have great diving 40 miles away.

Doug
AOW
10-10-2005, 10:03 PM,

Er , be very careful about going west over dat Red River into dat Fargo town , don't ya know...I lived there for almost 30 years , and look how I turned out !
Gosh dang , kinda scarry !!!  :o

Jeano Beano
Luraville , Florida
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
10-11-2005, 06:36 AM,
If you are so inclined, most dive shops offer to complete the certification while on a winter trip to a warmer locale where the water doesn't freeze unless you want it to.  Wink There are costs involved of course but it can be a great way to get certified. There are 3 parts to the certification - classroom, pool dives (which you can do here, now), and open water dives (for which you can travel or wait for spring).

There are many things to read in many places. Explore!
Just keep in mind that it is a big wide world and opinions do vary - take it with a big grain of salt.
You can always ask us MNScubaheads questions too.
T
Safety first, ego last, actions speak louder than words or c-cards.