Remember me
Lost Password Register

Hey Chuck N
10-16-2005, 10:05 AM,
Hey Chuck N
Well I was at Louise by 10:30 and as I turned off to go up the hill I broke the left stabilzer bar on my jeep. Of course at the time it sounded like the whole front end broke off. I ended up turning around and banged back into town where a local auto shop guy pushed it back off the spring so I could drive back home. Anyway, I missed a beautiful day,hope you guys had some good dives. Next time maybe I'll go around the back and avoid that hill, or choose another pit! I'm going to crosby on thursday if anyone wants to hook up. Linda
If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they are--Will Rogers
10-17-2005, 09:08 AM,
Re: Hey Chuck N
Sorry to hear about your jeep  :'(  Glad everything turned out OK.

Not to rub it in, but you did miss a beautiful weekend for diving  Wink  We dove Louise on Friday and had +30ft viz all the way down to 100ft.  We dove Joan on Sunday (out to the truck)  and had roughly 15ft of viz but the creamy silt layer was clouding it up from about 15-20ft down.

Maybe next time, safe diving!

CN3
Don't believe the hype!
10-21-2005, 04:54 PM,
Lindan,

Hope this makes you feel better:

I was in Grand Rapids this past Labor Day weekend.  Went to dive some pit near Taconite w/ GHOSCH & WTDRM.  Well... we managed to get our vehicle (w/ 4-wheel drive) stuck up to the axels in tailings at a 30-35 degree angle.  GHOSCH and I had to climb out the windows!  We shovelled and push tailings out of the way.  Luckily we were able to get to town and get a tow strap.  Eventually we managed to get out... but the dives never materialized.  :'(
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
11-01-2005, 10:54 PM,
It was a pretty site. An Envoy towing a  Range Rover. Very scary place Mark and ghosch were in.