Remember me
Lost Password Register

Playa Del Carmen?
10-16-2005, 11:50 AM,
Playa Del Carmen?
Im going to Playa del Carmen in March, any info on good dive shops? Conversely any info on shops to avoid?
10-16-2005, 03:08 PM,
Re: Playa Del Carmen?
You can dive with shops on the mainland or you can take the ferry across to Cozumel.  I dove a couple days with Sealife divers in PDC.  I would go with them again. You definitely should dive the local cenotes at least one day.
--Jason
10-16-2005, 04:45 PM,
I had good luck with Michaela at Liquid Blue  in Cozumel. The have a site at   

Of course taking a trusted dive buddy along on your trip is always a good idea too --ha Tongue
In Life, You Either Do or You Don't. I Did! - (Wallace the Pit Bull 4/3/02-8/23/13)
10-16-2005, 11:55 PM,
If you are there at the end of march beginning of april, I would love to go diving with ya...... you up for some city diving in the spring?

10-17-2005, 07:08 AM,
If you take the ferry across to Cozumel  they have great diving.  I usually don't like big operators but I have been nothing but impressed with Dive Paradise.  They do have bigger boats if you are not in a rush and don't mind diving with a mixed group.  Better yet though, pay the extra $6 or so and get on the smaller fast boats.  They get you to the distant locations fast and you are usually only with 2-4 other divers.  Last three times I went on the fast boats it was just my wife and two others.  Very nice.  Go to if you want more info on there operation
10-17-2005, 06:45 PM,
So Cozumel is way better than Playa..... hmmm I suppose I better try both..
10-17-2005, 10:34 PM,
Going to PDC you have options. As others of said, you have the reefs by PDC, running over to Coz or doing freshwater Cenotes south of town. PDC is close and easy. Try Punta Venado for coral and Tortugas for, well, turtles. If you go to Coz, you might as well spend the day there. Tour the island. Coconuts restuarant on the east side of the island has a great view. The Cenotes has the clearest water of all. Allow 5-6 hours for that trip. I like and used DiveMike right in town. Check their website. There's about 10-12 shops in PDC. I heard good things about most of them.

Dan