Remember me
Lost Password Register

Weekend dive reports
09-09-2002, 10:21 AM,
Weekend dive reports
Where did everyone dive this weekend? Let's hear about the conditions.

I was at Wazee with Ray, Jean, Larry, and Dan. We did one dive at each entry location. Our first dive was a deep dive to 120 feet. Second dive was to 50 feet and third was to 30 feet. The visibility was below average (15') above 40-feet. We had 25-30' vis under 80 feet.
--Jason
09-09-2002, 10:52 AM,
Re:Weekend dive reports
I have got to get to Wazee sometime - that sounds like a good place.

Lake Six was about 20' vis at surface, 10+ feet at -80. Lots of fish and weeds to swim through in the shallows and so clear! Good access and parking and Lake Seven (Scalp) just across the road. Sunken boat and pontoons. Oh- and did I mention? - where I was to my new pb of -79' on a breath of air saturday - brag, brag, brag. :Smile ok ok I'll shut up.

Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
09-09-2002, 11:11 AM,
Jose and I went to Okoboji on Sunday the 8th. We dove at the west side of the lake. The wind was blowing hard and stirred up the bottom in the shallow areas. Probably 5 to 10 feet vis. We found two of the pipelines and saw plenty of fish and rock piles.
I added a new beer can to the dive shrine beer can collection. I found an Olympia can,probably late 70's early 80's vintage.
GO DIVING!
09-15-2002, 12:28 PM,
Re:weekend of 9/14/02
I went to Big Cormorant to look for carp but the vis near the boat ramp was terrible, don't know if the lake was turning over or if it was from the wind and boat traffic. Anyway, I loaded up and drove to Lake Seven, not looking for carp now but looking for clearer water, and it was. maybe 12' or more vis, more walleye then I have ever seen, lots of sunnies, a sunken boat and pontoon, and the whole lake to myself. A great day of freediving/snorkeling - Tri-State diving hides medallions (about 3" dia) around local dive sites and you can turn them in for a prize if you find one and I was fortunate enough to find one yesterday. Don't know what the prize is as I didn't have time to turn it in yet. (hope the prize helps make up for the $85 speeding ticket I got on the way) 'course, I could just keep the medallion.

Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
09-23-2002, 05:37 PM,
I dove Wazee with Jean, Darrin, and Tom this weekend. There were a lot of divers at Wazee, so the vis suffered a little from its norm. Jean and I made a night dive Saturday night and it was a blast. It was the first time I saw Rainbow Trout at Wazee. Jean and I found the submerged 10-speed. Jean will have post the pictures.
09-24-2002, 09:33 AM,
I hope to get the film done this week...
Then I will have to find a scanner...
AWESOME NIGHT DIVE ON THE WALL!!! And Larry's green "headlight" was cool too...
Yea, we rode the bicicle in the dark of night...
(Darn thing still would not budge...)

AND PASSED AOW

Thanks...Jean ;D
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
09-24-2002, 10:32 AM,
Jean,
Congrats on the AOW Smile
I was at Louise this weekend doing my Deep Dive course. VIs wasn't very good as there were 3 courses going on this weekend, all with Fantasea (Open, Advanced and Deep) so the silt was a little disturbed. I did manage to see the Ske;eton in the cave again. For those that are interested, follow a bearing of 030 from the main entry point until you reach the Snowmobile, drop down the wall to 91-93 feet and you should see the cave there, make sure you have a good torch as it is a little dark in there.
Mark
A bad day of diving is still better than a good day at the office............