Remember me
Lost Password Register

Crosby mines questions
01-10-2006, 12:03 PM,
Crosby mines questions
Its been seven years since I've been up to the crosby mines. I want to return this summer, and I have some questions on  finding something and if actually exists. I was told by mnscuba that there was a beer truck and a car in one mine. I believe it was section six, but I'm male and my memory could be off.  I do remember that it was down a goat path of a road that almost swallowed our oldsmobile. We looked all day for these but all we saw was a really awsome wall, and a car floormat. I do remember that it was one of the smaller mines. If anyone can help me with details or suggest other sites I'd appreciate it. The crosby mines rank as some of the funnest dives I've had, and hope to do more I know there is alot of stuff to see on the bottom but just havn't found anything yet.
01-10-2006, 12:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2006, 12:22 PM by LKunze.)
Re: Crosby mines questions
I haven't heard of a beer truck but there are numerous vehicles in the Crosby Mines.  There's an old Fiat car in Section Six, I believe in around 50 feet of water around to the right of the public access.  There's a 90's era Ford Ranger in Huntington in 110 feet of water straight out from the Gilligan's Plunge access and I believe a Ford F350 truck in Joan in about 30 feet of water to name a few. 
01-22-2006, 12:04 PM,
there is /was a monte carlo or cutlass in section six also.  In about10-15 ft can see it from a boat. but dnr wanted to take it out.  Good luck on finding the beer truck!!
01-22-2006, 08:52 PM,
The beer truck is suppose to be in section six. There are numerous creditable sources that have told of its existence. It is suppose to be in the 120' - 130' of water. I have searched for it but have never found it. It is kind of fun to go and look, because I guess you never know...

Good Luck.
01-23-2006, 09:02 AM,
If you come up and can't find them come on over to Gilbert and dive the sites in Ore-be-Gone  Planes, helicopters, boats, cars, truck, bus
01-23-2006, 06:06 PM,
I don't recall what mine it is in but I seem to recall that it is in 160 ft of water. Get ahold of Bill or Todd at Minnesota School of Diving for the real information.
02-28-2006, 11:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-11-2006, 08:45 PM by MAXFACTOR.)
I know for a fact......  that the beer truck is at 15 feet above lake louise    entry point.    AKA   chuck's truck...     there you have it now.    Mn has its own  BEER CHUCK TRUCK ...  say that 5 times fast after you've had a few.

JOAN   the Ford   f350 front bumper is at 35 feet.  and located approx. 50 from shore line.   the truck is beautifully situated at about a 45 degree angle with the truck about to fall off the ledge.  See a picture of me by it      follow the link in  Crosby Louise get together.     
03-01-2006, 05:57 AM,