Remember me
Lost Password Register

Cavern Diving Playa Del Carmen area
12-27-2005, 05:01 PM,
Cavern Diving Playa Del Carmen area
My wife and I are headed down to Cozumel in April  ;D ;D.  We plan to do the majority of diving on/from the island using the same dive shop we have in the past.   While we're down there we are hoping to spend a day on the mainland (get to the mainland by the ferry to Playa del Carmen) and experience a couple of cenote dives.  We would be quite interested in any recommendations as to what dive outfit to go through for cenote diving. 
12-27-2005, 10:40 PM,
Re: Cavern Diving Playa Del Carmen area
I have used DiveMike for both boat and cenotes dives. They are right in downtown PDC. They will provide transportation to the cenotes they use. Their website, I believe, is DiveMike.com
they are a small shop, so trips to the cenotes may be limited to frequency during the week. 
12-27-2005, 10:54 PM,
Art and Aly,
Try ProTec - I've been to the cenotes four times with them - all great trips.

Try to dive Dos Ojos - a great dive.  Typical day is dive two cenotes, depth in range of 30 ft or so.
Take a good light and a camera - you'll have tons of fun.
You might try making arrangements thru your dive op on Coz.  They will likely be happy to help make all your arrangements.
Some pics (yes, you are cave diving...):

Attached Files
.jpg   Cenote1.jpg (Size: 85.84 KB / Downloads: 209)
.jpg   Cenote3.jpg (Size: 79.23 KB / Downloads: 204)
.jpg_thumb   Cenote1.jpg_thumb (Size: 38.47 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   Cenote3.jpg_thumb (Size: 37.33 KB / Downloads: 0)
Dan L
12-28-2005, 05:31 AM,
Gads...  ;D ;D ;D

(drool)

Jean
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
12-28-2005, 11:45 AM,
I've went with Pro tec also, Had a great time! Karin was the guide, a pro caver, and a lot of fun. Did the Dos Ojos cenote, that was pretty cool.Linda
If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they are--Will Rogers
01-06-2006, 12:38 PM,
Great info!  I'm heading down to PDC in early Feb, and look forward to diving cenotes! 

What kind of technical & safety considerations are involved in this type of diving??
a break shows in the clouds, and all is changed.<br />-e.b. white
01-06-2006, 01:16 PM,

You should have 20+ dives under your belt, be comfortable in the water, and have good bouyancy skills.  A cave certified dive master will lead your small group of divers through the cavern system.  I don't believe you are ever more than 100-150ft away from an egress point.  You are still mostly in an overhead environment and all those rules apply.
--Jason
03-08-2006, 10:40 AM,
Doh, I wish I would have read this before I went to Coz last month Sad.  I defiantly would have planned to do the cenote dives.   Just looking at the pictures make me want to plan another trip. 
Kelly
03-24-2006, 10:41 PM,
Still drooling ...  :o :o :o

Jean
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH