Remember me
Lost Password Register

Weezle Wear
01-03-2006, 11:44 PM,
Weezle Wear
Hi all-

I'd like to hear some of your thoughts on Weezle wear.  I've seen lots of good information, and they seem like a good suit.  At the same time, I've also read several stories about the material getting caught in the dry suit dump valve.  Does anyone have any experiences good or bad?  Should I look at other undergarments as well?

Thanks!
01-05-2006, 05:56 PM,
Re: Weezle Wear
Hi,

I have about 30 dives using the Weezle Wear undergarments with a Whites drysuit. So far, excellent with no problems of the outer shell material getting caught in the valve or zipper and that is for solo donning/doffing.

I usually strip down to just a pair of shorts underneath the garments, so there's nothing else to capture the moisture. Feels funny doing this when the air temp is 40F, but it's like wearing a sleeping bag!

Personally, I don't really care for the booties that come with it. I just wear some warm socks instead.

It seems that many people also wear the DUI Thinsulate undergarments and really like them, I had a pair but they felt more bulky. However, they were quite warm.
01-05-2006, 10:27 PM,
I've used the Weezle Extreme + for the last 2 years and have been very happy with them.  I haven't had any problems with my dump valve in my DUI CLX450 and they're much warmer than the DUI 400S undergarments I had before.  I do use a heater for any tech dives that are going to be longer than 2 hours, but they certainly get my recommendation. Wink
01-06-2006, 10:15 PM,
We had so many requests for weezle that we figured we'd better try them.  I've dove the extreme plus and have never been so warm in my drysuit.  I've used DUI, Andy's, Whites, and several other off brands over the years and nothing comes close to the weezle.  Now we sell Whites and Weezle (mostly Weezle).  They are lots of money, but worth it if you're going to extremes.  We haven't seen any problems with outer shell being vacuumed into valves but that could happen with most U/W especially if the arms or ankles are too tight.
01-15-2006, 10:41 PM,
Excellent underwear.  Very warm, even when wet.
The outer shell is windproof, so it can limit airflow from the insulating layer through the outer layer a bit.
I found it a little slow to dump in a DUI TLS 350, so tried a fix I saw on Scubabboard. With a pencil type soldering iron, poke about 10 small holes in a circular pattern in the outer  layer just below where it contacts the dump valve.
Don't melt the insulation below - just small holes thru the outer layer.  Maybe abour 5 holes on the circumference of the circle and 5 holes spaced evenly inside that circle will do the job.  Improved the dump rate greatly and no probs after many uses and launderings.
Dan L
01-15-2006, 11:08 PM,
DanL - I'm glad I didn't have to do that experiment first.  I think I'd be pretty anxious myself.  Thanks for the great idea.  That would be something that the owners of Weezle would be very interested in.  They may even pre-vent the U/W for us.  The owners of Weezle are just ordinary divers, folks just like us, and they are very receptive to input from divers.
01-16-2006, 03:01 PM,
I don't own a Weezle garment but I have an idea for them. They should have a little mesh panel on the outer shell in the shoulder dump area of the sleeve.  I suppose if someone was crafty with sewing mods they could do it themselves.  Wouldn't be any more functional than DanL's idea but would be a little nicer looking if that makes a difference.  Just a thought.