Remember me
Lost Password Register

Anyone for Lake Phalan Sunday (4/10/06)
04-08-2006, 04:39 PM,
Anyone for Lake Phalan Sunday (4/10/06)
I've got to get out and check out some of my new toys, and I really don't want to take the time this weekend to drive to Wazee.

I live a mile from Lake Phalan in Maplewood and I'd like to wet my gear there tomorrow morning.

Any takers?  Water looked reasonably clear this afternoon & the milfoil hasn't had a chance to take over yet.

I'm thinking of dropping in at the north end at the boat launch, maybe scope out some of the trash we are going to pull out next month...

Jeff Leech
Jeff
04-08-2006, 07:30 PM,
Re: Anyone for Lake Phalan Sunday (4/10/06)
Sunday!!!!  Oh, wow!  My son has Sunday school til about noon...Grab a quick lunch and we could see you about 1pm or so.  Call me at (612) 597-2105 with details.  Tanks are full, wetsuits ready...
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
04-08-2006, 08:19 PM,
Jeff, what time did you have in mind?  I could probably swing that.  Wink
04-08-2006, 08:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-08-2006, 08:37 PM by DiverQueen.)
Hi Lonnie,  Jeff and I had thought about 1pm...It's not like we're fighting mid summer boat traffic!  Just a nice afternoon dive in the park.  Come along and join us.  Anyone else "chomping at the bit" to get in the water...MaxFactor...Anyone else!!!  Come on...We know you want to!!  Bring your own dive flag!!
Lisa
04-09-2006, 04:31 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-09-2006, 04:33 AM by LKunze.)
Jeff/Lisa, I will not be able to make it today.  I just woke up and feel a cold and sore throat coming on. :'( Have fun and please post a dive report!  Now back to bed for me.  >Sad
04-09-2006, 02:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-09-2006, 03:34 PM by jleech.)
Well Lonnie, you did not miss too much this afternoon.  DiverQueen & I attempted a dive from the boat launch on the north end of Lake Phalan.  The wind had picked up, and along with the recent rains we've had, the visibility was about 1-2 ft.

You need to go about 20 yds out before the depth drops below 6 ft, and the weeds on the bottom make it shallower than that.

After several attempts to actually get a dive going, we decided to abort and wait to dive in a location where we might be able to see each other.

I was still able to use my new regulators, and test out the configuration of my new stuff.  I need a couple of changes, but mostly things were configured well.

If Square isn't ice free by Thurs, I may plan a day trip to Wazee next weekend.

Jeff Leech
Jeff
04-09-2006, 04:11 PM,
Thanks Jeff.  Now I don't feel so bad.  I was thinking of maybe heading out to Wazee next Saturday for the day as well.
04-09-2006, 07:13 PM,
Hey Jeff,  Thanks for an interesting afternoon.  The vis was not what I anticipated.  And I keep forgetting to bring a camera, not that I could have used it in the silt I kept kicking up!  Now I know I'm more comfortable under weighted than over like I was today.  By the way, check your calendar, Sunday is the 9th...But we still knew when and where to go!
Now to keep checking on Square Lake!!!  See you in the water again soon!
Lisa