Remember me
Lost Password Register

Ice diving
02-17-2006, 10:18 AM,
Re: Ice diving
anybody down for Goose this weekend? map is posted on this thread. We could dive out of a heated
shelter. room for 2-3 inside shelter.
02-18-2006, 06:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-19-2006, 07:53 AM by LKunze.)
Hey I really enjoyed diving last Sunday at Mille lacs.  Can't beleive that I spaced out my dive
booties on the Saturday trip.  Well let me rephrase that...Yes I can indeed beleive I forgot them! 
Oh well that dive on Sunday made up for it.

Can't make it this weekend :'(
Tomorrow Alyson and I are going to the GUDC discover rebreather class ;D ;D
I could probably make it next Sunday (Saturday I'll be doing taxes :o). 
Would that Sunday work on your end??? That would make for two divers and I'm sure
we could come up with a tender.

With this cold weather I'm more optimistic about the potential ice cover at Two Harbors >Big Grin
I'll make a call up there this week and see how the ice is.  If the ice is thick enough... I might be
thinking about going up the first Friday in March and doing a couple of dives on the Samuel Ely
through the ice.  I'm also thinking that my camera housing should be back from the factory by then.
02-20-2006, 09:23 AM,
  Sunday works good for me. I will do some scouting and preliminary set-up on sat. I do not have ice tongs :-[(will try to line some up by then) and the bar on my chainsaw is only 18". I'm sure we can get through though. Might not be as pretty but we can make it work.

Anybody interested map is on this thread. we can get on lake close to my house. drive out or park and walk. All welcome
02-20-2006, 12:05 PM,
I would go in a heart beat, but I cant on Sunday, If you change your mind and want to dive Saterday,  Im Game. 
Paul 
Will Dive a RB
Go Big, or go home!
02-20-2006, 10:15 PM,
Any ice divers interested in doing a dive on FEB 26th either around Twin Cities or Milacs, or Crosby    OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS ON OTHER SITES AS WELL.  I may be able to get 3 people together. 
joe b
02-21-2006, 10:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-21-2006, 02:02 PM by Shooter.)
  We can dive Saturday too ;D.  I was planning on setting up on Saturday for Sunday's dive anyway. Deep wreck, I would love to be diving with you when you're on your  rebreather 8) 8) 8)
Max factor, all are welcome 8), we will have one double wide portable ice fishing shelter set up as a changing station.   heated of course,
there's a spot on the lake that goes down to 50 feet with a nice  Ledge on the way down.  Depending on what the general consensus is, there are several locations that we can dive on the lake

map
02-21-2006, 04:09 PM,
I will have to think about Sunday!  I haven't gotten any ice dives in yet this winter, and I'm starting to get twitchy.  I will probably hit the GLSPS "Dive into the Past" on Saturday, but might be willing to venture up for a dive or two.    I'll think about it and check back here in the next couple days to see if there is any new info.

Jon
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
02-21-2006, 04:56 PM,
Big Grin I would love to dive the ely, but just about any place would be fine this time of year. 
Go Big, or go home!
02-21-2006, 08:11 PM,
Sunday sounds good to me.  Where are you planning on diving.  I too was thinking about going to the GLSPS on Fri. night and part of Sat.  Feel free to email at maximumholding@aol.com 
Big Grin ;D ;D

02-22-2006, 10:29 AM,
  We are on  for Sunday at goose lake then.  I spoke with Art last night and were planning on meeting at the lake at approximately 10 a.m. to start setting up. I too forgot about the show on Saturday and was looking forward to attending.  The link on this site works for map quest, if anybody has any questions on how to get here and the link doesn't work, let me know I will give you directions.  I am planning on being at the show on Saturday.  I will most likely be wearing a red American diving shirt.
If I have time, I will put together a couple of dive flags to indicate where we can enter on the lake and also I will try to fly one at our set up location.  So once you get on the lake, you can find us.  See you there.

8) 8) 8) 8)