Remember me
Lost Password Register

Ice diving
02-24-2006, 09:16 AM,
Re: Ice diving

Yes, if you look at the links across the top, the icons read:
home forum help diveshops divesites store search profile calendar logout

I think they disabled posting to the calendar for some reason; so, you have to message one of the mods, and they'll post it to the calendar.
Right now, it pretty much just shows people's birthdays...
I look forward to meeting everyone Sunday! I wish I could dive, but, I will enjoy it by proxy. Big Grin
That which does not kill you, makes you stronger.<br />Blood makes the grass grow, kill, kill, kill!
02-24-2006, 09:24 AM,

Maybe you can post the placemark file for Google Earth. That would be quite helpful - at least for me  ;D
That which does not kill you, makes you stronger.<br />Blood makes the grass grow, kill, kill, kill!
02-24-2006, 09:47 AM,
HI FELLOW  ICE DIVERS..........
LUNCH TOGETHER ON SAT. SOUNDS GREAT.    WE CAN FURTHER PLAN EVENT.

MY EQUIPTMENT I CAN BRING INCLUDES  APPROX.  UP TO  600'  (3 SAFETY LINES)  SOME ICE EQUIPTMENT,  WARMER, FOOD, AND  FIRST AID EQUIPTMENT INCLUDING 02

SEE YOU AT EITHER THE EVENT SAT, OR AT THE DIVE SITE.
ALSO,  I AM DRIVING FROM BROOKLYN PARK,  IF ANYONE WANTS TO RIDE UP TO SITE-  I'LL HAVE AN SUV heated seats for the way home.. 

MAXFACTOR  AKA  JOE BURNETT 
02-24-2006, 10:16 AM,

Maybe you can post the placemark file for Google Earth. That would be quite helpful - at least for me  ;D
[/quote]
Unfortunatley the .kmz files aren't allowable files to post in a thread.  If you can make out the GPS coordinates in the JPEG map at the bottom you can manually type them into Google Earth.  As an fyi we plan to update the divesites page on this site making use of Google Earth.  More info on this to come, it's going to be really cool.  If you are attending the GLSPS show stop by the mnscuba.com booth and we will be demoing what we plan to do for the site! Wink
02-25-2006, 08:35 AM,
WOW ;D ;D
I think I'm actually over the @*#! Flu.  It feels so good just to not feel so bad!

Shooter LUNCH is a GREAT IDEA Big Grin Big Grin
Aly and I will be out getting our taxes done Saturday morning :-[ :'(.  We should be out well before noon.  We'd love to hook up for lunch.  We'll give you a call. 

Maxfactor, sounds like you would be the equipment guru ;D.  The ropes, 02, and other stuff should really fill out most of the equip needs. 

02-25-2006, 09:25 PM,
ok......    well I didn't get to make it over to Bloominton for the big event today,  but I am ready to go ICE DIVING TOMORROW AM.      SEE YOU ALL THEN.....

ALSO,    AS A PART OF THE PRE-DIVE BRIEFING,  EVERYONE MUST BE CERTIFIED ICE DIVER TO DIVE AND I WILL BRING A ROSTER SHEET FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL.

CHEERS.
02-25-2006, 10:35 PM,
it was an interesting show.  met up with the gang for lunch and talked over the plan.  we're still shooting for 10:00 at the lake.  Looking forward to meeting up with you there.

I had mixed raffle luck - did manage to win something, but it was a snorkle!  (OK, it's a compact Snap! snorkle, so that's kind of cool, but I would have preferred one of the "big" pizes!)

see you in the morning!
Jon
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
02-26-2006, 05:39 PM,
We met at Goose today and had some really nice dives.  The bummer news was that Shooter now was sick with the crud Tongue.  Definition of a stand up guy ??? ??? ???  How about one who even though he's sick puts out the signs of how to get to the lake, chops open the hole, puts up a GREAT warming shelter, helps shovel, and even tends line, but realizes he's to ill to actually dive himself.  THANKS Shooter  8) 8) VERY IMPRESSIVE. 
I did get one photo today of one of the Locals who kept a close eye on us while we were diving.  I beleive he was probably even more disapointed that you did not dive than you were.....as he would have expected you to bring up some dinner for him ;D ;D

Attached Files
.jpg   P1030332 cropped.jpg (Size: 12.27 KB / Downloads: 170)
.jpg_thumb   P1030332 cropped.jpg_thumb (Size: 23.72 KB / Downloads: 0)
02-27-2006, 09:22 AM,
SHOOTER,  AandA..... TULLIBEE...  THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE PREPARATION YOU GUYS DID.  GREAT DIVERS...WE HAD TONS OF SAFETY GEAR ON HAND.  WE COULD HAVE HAD 25 DIVERS.

ICE WHOLE WAS PERFECT....  HEATED TENT WAS HOT...AND DRY.    DIVE WAS FUN.  WEATHER WAS GREAT.

SHOOTER,  YOU WENT ABOVE AND BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTY  WHEN YOU WERE OBVIOUSLY SICK.    MOST OTHER GUYS WOULD HAVE LEFT A MESSAGE AND SAID.  SORRY,  CAN'T MAKE IT... INSTEAD YOU WENT AHEAD AND STAKED OUT A GREAT SITE,  SET UP SITE.  AND WERE A TRUE SMART DIVER FOR NOT MAKING THE DIVE.....EVEN THOUGH YOU WERE TEMPTED WHEN YOU SAW  ART, MYSELF AND JON READY TO DIVE.   

GREAT PRE DIVE BRIEFING, AND CHECKOUT..... NO ONE HAD ANY PROBLEMS.....  FELT VERY COMFORTABLE WITH YOU GUYS...LOOKING FORWARD TO DIVING WITH YOU GUYS AGAIN.

THANKS FOR YET ANOTHER ICE DIVE..    I WILL TRY TO MAKE THE DIVE ON MILACS NEXT WEEKEND.  I HAVE ONE SMALL CONFLICT WITH THE DATE,  BUT WILL TRY TO OVERCOME THAT. 

ART,  AND I FOUND TREASURES....ART FOUND A COMPLETE TACKEL BOX,  WITH LOTS OF GEAR IN IT, AND AN ANTIQUE DIAL RADIO...  AND I FOUND A FABULOUS  BOAT  ANCHOR.  MY KIDS WANT ME TO STEEL BRUSH IT,  AND THEY WANT TO PAINT IT TO GIVE TO THEY'RE GRANDPA FOR FATHERS DAY...  JUST SAVE 25 BUCKS.

ALMOST PAID FOR THE TRIP.    TULLIBEE,  THANKS FOR LUNCH.  I OWE YOU..... 
THANKS AGAIN  MAXFACTOR...
02-27-2006, 10:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-27-2006, 02:40 PM by Shooter.)
  You guys are very welcome.  It wasn't really that big of a deal as I live right on the lake.  I still had enjoyable time, even though I opted not to dive. :'( :'((my training along with excellent instructors seems to be paying off).  Look forward to doing it again soon,  When I can be a more active participant.

Here are a few pics that I took.

Art, that is an absolutely amazing shot of that eagle.  Please send me a copy of the unedited version

Attached Files
.jpg   gooselakeicedive.JPG (Size: 94.79 KB / Downloads: 160)
.jpg   artstreasurechest..jpg (Size: 58.37 KB / Downloads: 152)
.jpg_thumb   gooselakeicedive.JPG_thumb (Size: 34.88 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   artstreasurechest..jpg_thumb (Size: 26.43 KB / Downloads: 0)