Remember me
Lost Password Register

Ice diving
02-27-2006, 10:30 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-27-2006, 11:05 AM by Shooter.)
Re: Ice diving
  We had dreams of Art's treasure chests being filled with hundred dollar bills or diamonds left over from a drug deal gone bad. :Smile  We could hardly wait for him to get back to open it up.  Just out of curiosity, what is protocol for finding a treasure.  Is there a standard formula to divvy up the goods? :-\  I would assume of course of the person who finds it will get the largest share of the booty ;D

The show was good, and had a chance to meet the MN SCUBA moderators, and I forgot to ask if we can post up to 4 pictures on one response?

Attached Files
.jpg   maxfactordown.jpg (Size: 70.82 KB / Downloads: 442)
.jpg_thumb   maxfactordown.jpg_thumb (Size: 29.81 KB / Downloads: 0)
02-27-2006, 04:02 PM,
Mum's the word...
Nobody tell Art that we took out the pouch full of diamonds and emeralds while he was still diving!

Thanks to all from me too -- it was a nice way to spend a Sunday! 
(I stopped on the way home for a new battery, so THAT won't be an issue next time...)

Nice shot of the eagle too!

My hat is also off to Shooter for going far and above the call of duty on this one!  Hope you're feeling better today!
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
02-28-2006, 04:45 PM,
Hi guys. I'm very sad I missed the dive  :'( - I coulda helped Shooter! I feel doubly bad - but I realized I had no cash AND no gas  :-\

Do you guys find that chest underwater? or did someone put it there for you to find? was that the tackle box?  ;D
Sorry I missed y'all! but I'm sure there will be many more dives - ones I can participate in  Big Grin
That which does not kill you, makes you stronger.<br />Blood makes the grass grow, kill, kill, kill!
03-04-2006, 06:12 PM,
Well it Seems that while I was gone for the week Bill King had planned another dive up at Mille Lacs.  I gave him a call on Friday and he kindly invited me to tag along again.  The day was perfect. The sun was bright with only the occasional high wispy clouds.  The air temp was moderate and there was only a light breeze.    I had a simply great dive, and had the opportunity to hang out with some great folks ;D.  Here are a couple of photos.

Attached Files
.jpg   P1030379.JPG (Size: 56.26 KB / Downloads: 391)
.jpg   P1030383.JPG (Size: 51.42 KB / Downloads: 381)
.jpg_thumb   P1030379.JPG_thumb (Size: 35.81 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   P1030383.JPG_thumb (Size: 31.81 KB / Downloads: 0)
03-05-2006, 07:05 AM,
Big Grin  wow....  jackpot..... you guys did great.  Sorry I couldn't join you.  Really wanted to but both my bro. and sister are in from the east coast for a party. 

I really think that one anchor looks like my old one.  lol..
CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU THAT MADE THE TRIP AND DIVE ON SAT.   

anyone diving today?   
maxfactor.  not wet,  not happy.
03-06-2006, 09:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-07-2006, 08:22 AM by Shooter.)
Art thanks for taking the time to post the pictures along with a good report. 8).  It helps us, who could not make the dive, live vicariously through the bold ones who did  :Smile! hopefully sometime in the near future,  I will have a report to share as well Wink I can almost taste the grouper..............
03-06-2006, 11:30 AM,

Hiya! Where on the east coast? I just moved here in October from the east coast; and my dive buddy on '04. We're both from the Phlly area. Did your siblings move there, or did you move here? Just curious...
That which does not kill you, makes you stronger.<br />Blood makes the grass grow, kill, kill, kill!
03-06-2006, 03:43 PM,
Anyone planning any more ice dives?  I'd really like to get at least one in this year. 
Kelly
03-06-2006, 10:54 PM,
ok ok.  enough of work.  its been crazy.

sagacity.......    from  brooklyn  NY.. 

ICE DIVE  This  THURSDAY or Friday ANYONE?      Milac's  still has 101 anchors in it.... unless art and crew got them all.

Shooter,  sounds like we are on for Bahamas.  sorry I haven't had time to get it coordinated.  You still interested.  Jason called me tonight.  Call me or email me your status.
03-07-2006, 12:28 PM,
Thursday or Friday???  I gotta work so it'd end up being a night ice dive. Anyone going on a saturday or sunday?
Kelly