Remember me
Lost Password Register

Ice diving
03-17-2006, 09:48 AM,
Re: Ice diving
Wish I could be with you this weekend.  My personal family life needs my attention at present.  BUT PLEASE....  have a great dive, find lots of treasure, be safe, and know that  I am with you in spirit.

Also,  Shooter, thanks for the card and support.  Art, one of these days we'll hook up on the gear.

joe
MaxFactor. 
03-17-2006, 09:22 PM,
Hey Everybody,
If you find anymore great anchors like the ones in the picture, I'd be happy to buy one.  Let me know what other "Cool old treasure!" you find  (612) 597-2105.  And please recycle the bottle!  Have a great dive, wish I could go on Saturday, but I have to take Junior to his Cub Scout pack meeting.  If anyone is going to the Public Safety Diving coffee meeting on Sunday, see you there!
Diver Queen
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
03-17-2006, 11:57 PM,
  Joe,
you're welcome.  We'll have my camera with, and it won't be as busy as the dives with Art, so will try to get some good pics to post for those who couldn't make it to see.

Diver Queen,

If you wait until you find an anchor, you will treasure it far more than one you could purchase.  Wink As a matter of fact, a few of us are planning a dive or five on Mille lacs, Shortly after ice out.  And I'm pretty sure that after one day will be in double digit anchors 8)
03-18-2006, 06:28 AM,
Thanks for the advise Shooter, I'd appreciate it if you let me know when and where!  After Ice Out, do you shore dive or go from a chartered boat?
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
03-20-2006, 08:02 AM,

Captain shooter at the helm :Smile.  I have a 19 foot aluminum fishing boat with a 115 outboard that can comfortably dive three or four if its relatively calm.  If it's not calm, and we have more than four people,  I'll have everybody suited up and have their tanks on before we leave :o.  Not just kidding ! :-\  No official dates as of yet.  I usually don't like to plan too far in advance , usually require 24 to 36 hours notice. However, I do plan on diving somewhere,  Almost every weekend the summer ;D
03-20-2006, 08:21 AM,
6-18 dive report
It was an absolutely gorgeous today, with temperatures in the 40s.  I forgot my sunscreen and ended up with a  Little bit of a sunburn :'( the resort owner had even hauled out a ice fishing house for heated changing station.  At least I think it was heated.  I changed on the ice. The ice was still plenty thick, I would estimate a little over 3 feet.  Art,  I'm glad we didn't try set up on mille lacs,that would be a lot of hand sawing to do. 18 inch chainsaw bar, 18 inch handsaw, makes me tired just thinking about it!  We were in about 12 to 15 feet of water, with about the same of visibility.  The water seemed unusually warm.  The only part that got mildly cold was my right hand.  That was in a wet glove.  Some miscellaneous trash and ice fishing equipment found no anchors or other type of treasures found.  I will continue my search for gold, diamonds, and cash.

I only have a few surface pictures to post as my camera housing seal does not like cold temperatures and leaked a little bit.  I guess I need to prewarm it prior to my dive. 

Attached Files
.jpg   ice 1.jpg (Size: 56.05 KB / Downloads: 316)
.jpg   ice 2.jpg (Size: 63.78 KB / Downloads: 313)
.jpg_thumb   ice 1.jpg_thumb (Size: 22.81 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   ice 2.jpg_thumb (Size: 23.85 KB / Downloads: 0)
03-20-2006, 08:31 AM,
More pics

Attached Files
.jpg   pre-dive.jpg (Size: 70.73 KB / Downloads: 325)
.jpg   divers.jpg (Size: 79.12 KB / Downloads: 339)
.jpg_thumb   pre-dive.jpg_thumb (Size: 27.74 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg_thumb   divers.jpg_thumb (Size: 30.91 KB / Downloads: 0)
03-20-2006, 02:36 PM,
What lake were you on?
03-20-2006, 03:59 PM,
Mille Lacs - out of Scenic Bay Resort in Isle, MN.

Nice pics Nate.
03-20-2006, 11:58 PM,
Hello all you fellow ice divers.  Wish I could have been on Milacs with you.

Nice group Shooter.  I will see you guys soon.
MaxFactor