Remember me
Lost Password Register

Ice diving
03-21-2006, 10:23 AM,
Re: Ice diving
I can't dive this weekend  ???  :-[  :-\ But am open to dive next weekend ;D
Ice diving or other. If its ice diving lets make it a location that would be difficult to dive in the summer because of boat traffic or other accessabilty issues
03-21-2006, 03:37 PM,
3 feet  :o :o If it were you and I with our present equipment we'd still be out there cutting...

BUMMER! about you being unable ta dive this coming weekend.  I'd be available on Sat or Sun this coming, weekend but not next weekend.  Next weekend Aly and I will be packing for Cozumel . 

Drift dives ;D, boat dives ;D shore dives ;D night dives ;D deep dives ;D shallow dives ;D ceynote dives ;D....
03-22-2006, 05:38 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-23-2006, 06:14 AM by Shooter.)

:'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(   :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(   :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(

Maybe I'll take advantage of some of those cheap airfares to Mexico sometime soon. The only problem is the good deals are always based on double occupancy, and I have a hard time finding someone to travel with. Until then, it looks like it will be cold water diving for me.
03-23-2006, 12:25 PM,

Looks like you'll be in the spot I was in last week Big Grin

Coz was INCREDIBLE! I was truly amazed at the water clarity. Unreal. Down at 90', and could see the surface like I was at 10'

The shallower areas took a hell of a beating - a lot of the color is gone. We did some shore dives in front of Casa del Mar, and it looked like a coral debris field. Littered with broken pieces. There were still some coral heads - and we some a LOT of aquatic life.

While we were there, the building was going on almost 24hrs a day. When we arrived, the Atlantis Shop was just a shell. 2 days before we left, it was open, an BEAUTIFUL inside, and they were servicing customers for the submarine. There wasn't even glass in the windows when we arrived!  :o

Even still, there was  A LOT of destruction around. It was very eerie - almost like a war had been fought on the island. The international piers were destroyed, so the cruise ships idle just off shore (they're not allowed to anchor). During our shore dives, this had the effect of always hearing engine noise while submerged. If a ship was pretty close, it also had the effect of chasing away the sealife.

The other dives were great, and I was amazed on every dive. I got about 10 dives in before my ears blocked up, and I couldn't equalize anymore :/ But I was glad I got in as many as I did before that happened.

Shot about 3 rolls of film, would have had more, but, the camera stopped working at depth for some reason. Will post when they're developed.

AND I still can't believe how cheap the trip was. Its SOOOOO inexpensive to go to Coz! We may do it again in 6 mos. Anyone ever get groups together for such things?

HAVE FUN!

hrm, this WAS supposed to just be a short post :Smile ah well
That which does not kill you, makes you stronger.<br />Blood makes the grass grow, kill, kill, kill!
03-28-2006, 10:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-04-2006, 03:58 PM by Shooter.)
  Anybody down for some ice diving this weekend?  My loyal and faithful dive buddy, who shares my motto of dive anywhere anytime has recklessly abandoned me to dive the warm waters of Mexico :'(I can't say as I blame him,  I guess I'm just seething with envy. And I found the only solution, the only remedy for these feelings, is to just go down.

I would be interested in diving some alternate locations on Goose, as setup would be very easy for me.  And I to get a chance to dive at last time due to my physical condition.  I would prefer to stay in a 45 mile radius of Cambridge.  My chainsaw isn't thick enough to go to much further north, I know we can get through on goose without any hand sawing.
03-28-2006, 02:12 PM,
Wish I could join you (I didn't get a very good bubble fix the first time out!), but already have other commitments for this weekend.   

unfortunately, my April weekends are not looking good either!  guess I'll have to look forward to iceless diving instead!

have fun anyway!
Some people are like Slinkeys - not much good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs!
03-29-2006, 05:36 PM,
:'( :'(I have to pack!!!!!!!!  Oh so sorry!  Going on a trip and diving for me is almost as gear intensive as ice diving with you, Shooter.  And if I forget my booties I'm going to really, really cry.  Best of luck and take pictures.

By the way, if you decide to grab a last minute flight to Cozumel, give me a call (before I leave next Thursday, of course!).

Art
04-04-2006, 03:55 PM,
   Well it doesn't look like we will get any more ice diving in this year, unless of course there are some of you brave souls out there who want to head north this weekend to dive ;D we would probably have to walk out, or suit up, turn the tanks on and then drive out >Big Grin.

Or I will just take it as a sign that the moderators already moved this smokin hot thread to the past get-togethers that ice diving is over for the season. :'(

I will be installing my roll control tank holder racks in my boat this weekend.(4 lP 12o's )First weekend after ice out on mille lacs,  I am taking my new GPS with  Preprogrammed hotspots and going scavenger hunting.  I will be saving the copilot's seat in my boat for my dive anywhere, anytime, buddy Art.  We will have room for one more. Other boats and divers welcome to join in.
04-04-2006, 05:52 PM,
WHERE ARE MY PICS!
  I was taking a moment to say goodbye to the smokin hot thread, when I realized a trip report with multiple pictures has been omitted from this thread >Sad  it takes considerable time and effort to upload the pics and type the report, which I am more than happy to do.  There is nothing better than when I can't dive if I can go on and read about somebody else's trip and look at their pictures.  For all you people out there who take the time to post the pics and share with us your trip,  Thank you very much. I live vicariously through your posts and pictures.

Can somebody please explain to me, what happened to my pictures, why they were omitted, and why I wasn't contacted about this omission?!!?
04-04-2006, 09:52 PM,
Shooter, I see your pics in this thread just fine.  Are you talking about pics in a different thread from this one?  ???