Remember me
Lost Password Register

Cozumel
02-10-2006, 02:14 PM,
Cozumel
One of the divers on our boat got bent today. He took a spinal hit and will not be joining us on our flight home. Watch out for a guy named blondie, captain on the Gypsy. He told us he had O2 until someone got bent then he let us know that he has but it was getting fixed and not on the boat. I guess passangers saftey is not a concern of his. He even told us not to make saftey stops. I made mine anyways but not the guy that got bent. His partner said he thought he might have gotten a small hit to but did not seek help. Crazy day, the best part is he wanted to bring us out for a second dive after we got the guy to the dock 45 min later.

Just sharing my exp. with his operation

Will Adams
02-10-2006, 04:44 PM,
Re: Cozumel

Thanks for the heads up!
That which does not kill you, makes you stronger.<br />Blood makes the grass grow, kill, kill, kill!
02-10-2006, 06:48 PM,
hi, I dove scubamex today in paamul...reefs look pretty good here after about 40ft.  did my deepest dive so far...98ft... still short of my deepest freedive.. that{s good... I like braggin{ that i{ve been deeper holding my breath...  geez... where is the apostrophe on these mexican key boards???  Well.. I did find the question mark...
later everyone.
Cold and dark down there huh?
02-11-2006, 06:56 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-11-2006, 07:12 PM by willadams67.)
whats not covered in sand looks good.

There are some cave systems in cozumel that were pretty cool. I spent a few days diving in them. Not as ornate as the caves on the main land but more of a cross between Flordia and Riviera Maya.
02-12-2006, 05:43 PM,
Will,
What was the name of the dive operation.  No O2 and no safety stops? My opinion - no one should dive with them.
There are plenty of GREAT, safe dive ops on Cozumel.  Don't let this one op make a bad impression for the whole island. I just got back from a week there, and as usual, had a great time and great dives.
Dan
Dan L
02-13-2006, 01:33 PM,
I agree with DanL.  Please give the name of the dive op. I have never had anything like that happen to me in Cozumel.  I usually dive with Dive Paradise and feel they are very good.  Was there three weeks ago and thought the deeper reefs were in good condition.  Shallow reefs will take a while to come back though.  In general still very happy with Cozumel and am looking at booking another trip over spring break if I can get a decent fare.