Remember me
Lost Password Register

Underwater Housing for Camcorders
09-11-2002, 08:04 PM,
Underwater Housing for Camcorders
I am looking to acquire an underwater housing for my Sony DV camcorder (DCR-TRV8). As far as I can tell, Sony no longer manufactures them. Does anyone else make such a product?

Any insight or comments will be appreciated.
09-13-2002, 01:29 PM,
Re:Underwater Housing for Camcorders
Hey Micheal, check out B&H photo, and Aquavideo, they both have underwater housings for your camcorder.
GO DIVING!
07-28-2003, 09:13 AM,
Does anyone know where I might rent an underwater housing w/ camcorder? I've interested in underwater videography, but reluctant to spend $$$$$$ before I've given it a shot. Lemme know . . . thanks . . .
'C'mon, c'mon! What're you waiting for? Daddy needs his medicine...' ~ Capt. Murphy
07-30-2003, 07:07 AM,
Check out TOP DAWG housings as well.

They make a standard aluminum housing that fits a wide variety of cameras and retails for under $800. The housing is actually made by Light and Motion, but isn't as fancy and cost only half as much as their other housings.

A friend of mine who owns a shop, in Milwaukee, just picked them up and has been very happy with them. They make wide angle lenses and video monitor backs that can attach to the housing with its own sperate power supply.

Jon
"Ignorance begets confidence more often than does knowledge." -Charles Darwin
09-04-2003, 10:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-04-2003, 10:40 AM by RogueDiver.)
I'll second the Top Dawg recommendation. I've had mine for 3 years and love it. Get the monitor back if you can you'll spend much less time editing later.

The reason I went for the Top Dawg was because of its flat port. That way a single housing can be used with many different camcorders.

I bought mine from Backscatter Underwater Video and Photo who I believe have the housings built by the same place that makes the Stingray housings. They sell quite a variety of makes and were very helpful and spent a great deal of time on the phone with me before I purchased my housing.

I am not affiliated with Top Dawg or Backscatter, just a satisfied customer.
09-04-2003, 11:14 AM,
I've got a great deal on a video camera and housing with many extras and I'll take you out so you can try it out
Rick