Remember me
Lost Password Register

Coming Soon
02-26-2006, 12:03 PM,
Coming Soon
For those who were at the GLSPS show we debuted a demo of Google Earth software with lots of regional divesites marked.  We will be upgrading the Dive Sites tab at the top of the main forum page to include viewable satellite jpeg photos of many regional dive sites and we will also have the .kmz files of dive site locations available for download.  The .kmz files can be imported into Google Earth software for those that have it on their computers giving you access to hundreds of divesites.  We also intend to keep the database updated by allowing members to share their information to be added to our database. Google Earth software is available as a free download at
03-01-2006, 02:06 PM,
Re: Coming Soon

WOOOO HOOO!
That which does not kill you, makes you stronger.<br />Blood makes the grass grow, kill, kill, kill!
03-16-2006, 04:11 PM,
That will be cool.  Several months ago, I think Nov. 05  I was looking at Crosby, and in particular,  Lake Louise..... They actually had the road that goes down from the main entry point in the water.    However, I just checked it, and the only thing I could see was the lake (pits) circle. 

It will be interesting to see the sites on google.  thanks for the update.
maxfactor
07-13-2006, 04:04 PM,
Just curious how this project was coming along.

I was thinking of something over at frappr using the maps there...I'm guessing that would be available to anyone on the net with what ever type of browser.  I actually did a search for "mnscuba" on frappr, and there is a group there...

Scott
07-13-2006, 05:18 PM,
Well, it's still on the list.  Jason is the one that will be implementing this to the site and it will require significant time to accomplish.  With his busy schedule it may be awhile but it will be up eventually.
07-13-2006, 06:13 PM,
I just discovered Google Earth, and boy is it fun!  I've printed out some of the mine pits up around Aurora, etc...looking for some new water! 

Been to Texas, SD, Guam, (ex-Air Force), Greece...all within a half hour!  It's fun to slope the angle and "fly" over and through the terrain! 

Too bad there aren't more clear satellite shots, though...many areas are fuzzy...
07-13-2006, 06:22 PM,
SD..... ahhhh... ???  South Dakota. that's what some midwesterners would think.
Cold and dark down there huh?
07-13-2006, 07:35 PM,
Yeah, that's the only thing I don't like about it.  If all of the shots were as sharp  as they are for Lake Mine, St. James, Wazee, Silver Bay marina etc. it would be much better.  I've often wondered why it is that some areas are so grainy.
07-13-2006, 11:31 PM,

OK , us old-timers pronounce it Dakotah , Sout Dakotah ...

Jean
How's my diving? Call 1-800-EAT-FISH
07-14-2006, 05:10 AM,

OK , us old-timers pronounce it Dakotah , Sout Dakotah ...

Jean

[/quote]
So Jean, do the Floridians think you have an accent?