Remember me
Lost Password Register

Cool stuff for Lake Nokomis
03-05-2006, 02:51 PM,
Cool stuff for Lake Nokomis
Found this link but am not sure where in the Lake this is.

&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
03-05-2006, 03:06 PM,
Re: Cool stuff for Lake Nokomis
Interesting, I hadn't heard of this before.  Have you dove Nokomis before?  Looking at the DNR map it's max depth is only 33 feet.  Might be worth a dive shortly after ice out but I'm sure it gets pretty nasty once the water warms up.

03-05-2006, 03:21 PM,
I had great vis 2 and 3 years ago in the early summer but last year it was beef stew.  When I was able to dive there, the best feature was all the crawfish under the rocks.  By the end of the dive you would have a ton of bass following you around with the hopes that you would lift up another rock for a quick meal.  Calhoun is the best of all those lakes.
&quot;Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It’s what separates us from the animals…except the weasel. &quot;<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Homer J. Simpson
03-05-2006, 08:26 PM,
Cool info.  I've kayaked on Nokomis many times in previous years.  Encountered divers crossing through the lake...At that time I didn't recognize the little round diver down float.  I'm used to seeing the regular flag types.  Never imagined there could be anything interesting under the Lake Minnetonka silt that undoubtedly travels through the Minnehaha Creek system.  Can we try to set up a dive early or middle spring?  Don't put me in charge though, I'm not a good organizer!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
03-06-2006, 01:15 PM,
I'd definitely be interested in going.
03-06-2006, 05:53 PM,
Please post if you decide to set up a dive there, there are a few of us likely interested in joining if you have the room
In Life, You Either Do or You Don't. I Did! - (Wallace the Pit Bull 4/3/02-8/23/13)
03-06-2006, 11:31 PM,
I've never dived Lake Nokomis,  BUT.... I would be willing to go as well.  I spoke to a guy at the dive shop on Penn.  He thinks he knows where the location is.  We will have to rangle it out of the guy.  I got his name, he was a customer..

Why wait till spring,  lets do a ICE DIVE.

maxfactor.
03-06-2006, 11:37 PM,
I'd like to, although, I have no training for ice/cold diving. So, I'd be happy go if its warm enough out.
That which does not kill you, makes you stronger.<br />Blood makes the grass grow, kill, kill, kill!
03-07-2006, 08:30 PM,
If you are hoping to find a viking ship, I wouldn't bother. 

Note that the publishing date was April Fools Day, and that the article has a disclaimer -  "*Any resemblance in the above story to actual fact may be coincidental and could be disregarded, depending on your views."

I think the author of the article has a bit too much time on his hands, and needs a hobby, like maybe.....scuba...   

However, if it is a hot day, and you don't want to drive very far, it might be fun.  But otherwise, I'm sure there are much better places to go for dive.  - Kirk

03-08-2006, 05:53 AM,
LOL...maybe this one outta be in the jokes and humor forum.  ;D