Remember me
Lost Password Register

May Diving
04-26-2006, 03:37 PM,
Re: May Diving

GEEZ! You have EVERYTHING I need, LOL  :o

You're DEFINATELY getting a call tonight  ;D
That which does not kill you, makes you stronger.<br />Blood makes the grass grow, kill, kill, kill!
04-27-2006, 10:19 AM,

GEEZ! You have EVERYTHING I need, LOL  :o

You're DEFINATELY getting a call tonight  ;D
[/quote]

I mean TONIGHT  :Smile
That which does not kill you, makes you stronger.<br />Blood makes the grass grow, kill, kill, kill!
04-27-2006, 10:31 AM,
Is there anywhere I can check to find out what water temps and different depth levels are for the time seasons are around here? Something in the order of:

Lake: Cold Lake
Time Period: March-June
Avg. Surface Temp: 57 deg F
1st Thermocline:    13'
Avg Temp:              44 deg F
2nd Thermocline:    37'
Avg Temp:              39 deg F
3rd Thermocline:    50'
Avg Temp:              34 deg F

Etc etc etc. for different time periods. I'm sure there isn't that kinda of information avail., esp at that level of detail; BUT it doesn't hurt to ask  ;D

P.S. I thought I was creating a fictional lake, called Cold Lake. After writing this, I checked mn dnr, and there's actually a Cold Lake in MN  :o

Go figure.
04-27-2006, 11:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-30-2006, 08:21 PM by LKunze.)
Right now surface temps down to around 13' are in the 50's.  Before the end of May they will probably be up to 60F to 70F.  In the summer the surface temps get up to over 70F.  The first thermocline usually doesn't push down much past 17 feet.  Below that the temps will drop into the 60's.  I'm not sure really where the second thermocline is.  I don't really usually notice a drastic temp change for a second thermocline.  It usually gets colder more slowly.  Expect all lakes to be in the 40's  for water temp below 50 - 60 feet even during the dog days of summer.  It never really warms up at deeper depths.  In the fall the temps drop gradually and by late October and into November the thermocline will disappear and you'll have surface temps back down to the 40's.  This is coming from my past experience memory.  I'd have to look at my logs to be more accurate.  Get a cold water regulator if you want to dive deeper or you'll be dealing with freeflows. Hope this helps.
04-27-2006, 11:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-30-2006, 08:21 PM by LKunze.)

Excellent! Thanks for the info!