Remember me
Lost Password Register

Boy, I wish this weather would warm up.
03-25-2006, 04:27 PM,
Boy, I wish this weather would warm up.
I havent dove since Hawaii, Dec. 15th 2005. I have done some pool sessions. It is just not enough. I am scheduled to do Fl. 04/21 but I need some serious nitrogen. How about you.
CJ
And by the way, where is that claystained diver at???
03-26-2006, 09:02 AM,
Re: Boy, I wish this weather would warm up.
chuck,  who are u referring to  "claystained" 

maxfactor
03-27-2006, 06:46 PM,
Max, you'll figure it out!! (nt)
cj
04-01-2006, 07:32 PM,
Yea, all right you two!  Speaking of warming up.  I just got back from South Padre, and San Antonio.  How I got a sun tan on a cloudy day I'm not sure...And it wasn't the Pina Coladas either!!  Didn't get to dive except for the hotel pool in San Antonio, my husband finally got to try his full face mask!  We should have used the 5mm full suits though, the water was too cold for the shorties we had on!  Just a few curious looks from other guests, no one else was going into the pool!

Lakes are getting pretty honeycomed,  open water coming soon!  See y'all on the wet side!
My name is Lisa and I'm a SCUBAholic. It's been toooo long since my last dive!
04-03-2006, 01:03 PM,
Just got back from San Antonio to. But didn't see and water except a puddle in the restroom of the bar next to my hotel.

Damn I need a nitrogen fix to.
Cary
04-03-2006, 09:11 PM,
Hey Claystained...

If you were in San Antonio and you missed the River Walk you missed a lot of "cool" water...I SO wanted to get my gear on and "Giant Stride" off the walkways! 

You really have to be careful not to accidently go in, there's no railings! 

And then there are the fountains and water falls about every 50 feet or so!

The water control channels are about 15' deep with maybe six inch vis.  We went on a boat tour of the River Walk area as well as a "Trolley" (bus) tour of the city.  Even though it was a cloudy day at first, I managed a nice suntan!

And as I said before, Darn that hotel pool water was COLD!

p.s. next time try the Holiday Inn Express by the airport!  Very Good Service!!!!!!!!!  Happy hour Drinks and Breakfast too!
04-04-2006, 08:09 AM,

sounds like buffalo lake  Big Grin
MNLakeDiver (aka Jim)<br />The water is so cold I can see my breath !
04-04-2006, 02:02 PM,
I'm sure there was a lot of fun things to do around there. I've been there for work twice now in past month. Spent all my time at the hotel, the next door bar, or the job site. We did talk about going down to the river front, but its a bit of a cruise and we're generally a bit worn out after 12 hours days at the job site. I was staying out in Shertz (sp) in the NW burbs. Even the creek beds around there were dry.
Cary
04-04-2006, 03:27 PM,
Next time you're at South Padre Island,  Check out American diving   talk to Tim.

If they don't have any scheduled dives, grab your wet suit, mask, fins and weight belt and do some free diving off the jetty's.  You have to pay about two dollars per day to get into the park and then you can walk right out on the jetty.  You can tell if you have good visibility when you walk out if you can see the second layer of rock's.  If you see them go back to your car,  Grab your gear and hike out to the end, it's worth the walk.  I'm going to have to get down there again before Sun country stops flying there for the season.  Anyone want to go?
04-04-2006, 03:49 PM,
Hi Shooter,
We did the Dolphin Watch with American Diving...fun time harassing wildlife, and the Dolphins too!  Then the Captain took us out into the Gulf with  Diver-1 (the ship) It was a wild ride!  The person in the very bow of the boat stayed dry...anyone behind my husband got a little wet! (From ocean spray not him!)  Thank goodness he made us take Dramamine first!
As far as snorkeling from shore, what we saw looked too rough.  Later in the evening we found some good shoreline and played in the surf ;D  I'd be ready to go back anytime I can get the time off work after Jury Duty is over!  Or to put it another way...My next scheduled vacation is the week of Christmas!  Maybe see you there then!  Otherwise...It's getting warmer and wetter here!!!!!!!