Remember me
Lost Password Register

Dive club planning trip to GRAND CAYMAN
03-28-2006, 01:23 PM,
Dive club planning trip to GRAND CAYMAN
Any local dive stores or individuals have any information on GRAND CAYMAN, LITTLE CAYMAN or CAYMAN BRAC concerning hotels, resorts and good dive boat operators?  Our club would appreciate any current information you may have.  Thank you.
03-28-2006, 03:10 PM,
Re: Dive club planning trip to GRAND CAYMAN
I have been to the Brac 5 times and Grand Cayman once, just to dive Stingray City.  Grand Cayman is a busy tourist town with cruise ships and traffic jams.  Look for an all inclusive package because going to restaurants is pricey.  My 3 days there cost almost as much as a week on the Brac.  The sister islands offer a more relaxed and quiet atmosphere.  The Brac has some exploring to offer if you choose to not dive or shop.  All 5 times I've stayed at Brac Reef Resort and dove with Reef Divers on all inclusive packages that are reasonable.  You must remember ALL food and goods are shipped into these islands.  The food is awesome, and the staff is the best!  Weather permitting you'll go to Bloody Bay Wall, with 1 week trips there's always been a day to make the boat run.  I've gone with groups run by both Northland Divers and Superior Expeditions.  These trips have been in the Dec-Jan time frame since that's the off-season with the best prices.  We've also had just enough people to rate our own boat(s) without being packed tightly.  The quality of diving depends on what you want to see.  There is a good variety of fish and coral, but the fish aren't as big as those in Cozumel which eat all the coral.  With luck and a sharp eye, you can see anything native to the Carribean.
04-22-2006, 01:55 PM,
Re: Dive club planning trip to GRAND CAYMAN
Thanks for the information.  It helps make the decision where to go.