Remember me
Lost Password Register

Crosby Dive Sep 14
09-15-2002, 10:50 AM,
Crosby Dive Sep 14
Dove the "far side" of Joan (Safecracker site on the MSD map)this Sat with Lonnie (GP), Paul and Eddy (Nomads). Jason, sorry you didn't get to come up - nice day and good dives.
Vis was maybe 20ft, temp at 50ft was 45F. Very nice site - good access, easy entry, very steep wall right off the entry. We did 2 long dives, 52 and 63 minutes. I was comfortable in a 7mil with 3/5mil hooded vest. Paul dove a really nice DUI with the best dry gloves I've seen - easy on/off and totally dry.
Going left or right from the entry are large beaver dams. The dam to the left was maybe 75 to 100ft long and ran from the surface to about 40 ft deep. A lot of small fish of all types hanging around the dam. Really interesting.
Found two kids bikes in 15-20 ft of water - nice bikes in great shape. Looks like they just went in recently.
Very steep walls. We didn't go deep, but there is definitely some deep water here.
Plenty more to see at this site - will be going back.
Now have 98 dives completed - need two more for the big 100!
All in all, an interesting couple of dives with good dive buddies.
Thanks Paul, Eddy and Lonnie.
DanL
Dan L
09-15-2002, 12:18 PM,
Re:Crosby Dive Sep 14
Joan sounds like my kinda site Dan. I'll have to check it out next time I'm at Crosby. The beaver dam sounds like that would be neat to see as I have been at war with beaver here at our river bottom for many years. It'd be kick to be with ya on your number 99 and 100.

Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?