Remember me
Lost Password Register

Proposed photo contest!
04-07-2006, 08:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-07-2006, 09:18 PM by DanL.)
Proposed photo contest!
In recognition of Fred's new U/W setup, I propose the following photo contest on MN Scuba.

This is a "straw man" proposal - just a start - anyone please feel free to build on the idea. But lets start with this.

If this gets going, perhaps have a new topic each month.

As a first, since we are just getting into the water, how about an April- May contest.
Proposed rules:
Any on-topic underwater photo taken locally, digital or digitized film, photoshopped or not (open popular vote competition).
Locally means Minnesota , Lake Superior, or divesites in immediately bordering states (hey, we have to have Fred's turf, Wazee and Isle Royale, to name a few, included)
Picture must be taken within timeframe of contest - honor system.
Photo - one per contestant per month - to be posted on this forum.
Max image size 100K, posted approx. 600x750 pixels, approx 8 x10 format.
Judging will be by popular vote.  Whatever the members like and vote most, wins.
Forum moderator and Dan L to figure out details of how to do this.
Prizes? Let's see what might get donated.  Otherwise, just for plain old fun.
Remember - it's the photographer, not the camera, taht makes the pic.
April-May topic: "My Divebuddy"  Use your imagination!
Deadline for post- midnight, Monday, May 29.  Voting May 30 thru Fri Jun 2.

Inappropriate pictures, those deemed not meeting monthly subject criteria, or those not meeting contest rules can be pulled by moderators at moderator discretion.

Don't know details of how this will work yet, but we'll figure it out as we go.
See the post "My Divebuddy Apr-May Photo Contest" to post your pic and place your votes.
Hey - I'm trying... does this sound OK?  Ideas? Help?

Dan L
04-07-2006, 09:25 PM,
Re: Proposed photo contest!
sounds great DanL, it'll be incentive to get diving and to get some experience with the cameras.. and a little friendly competition on the side, what could be better?  prizes... shoot, even braggin' rights are worth something, not worth as much as prizes.. but still worth somethin'.  This'll be fun.
Cold and dark down there huh?
04-08-2006, 02:43 PM,
Re: Proposed photo contest!
Ok, I am game, now I just have to go out and dive. Big Grin Big Grin