Remember me
Lost Password Register

another wetsuit .. does it ever end?
09-17-2002, 11:20 AM,
another wetsuit .. does it ever end?
Well, I just ordered another wetsuit. A built by measure 1.5mm Eliossub single lined high pants, closed jacket w/intergrated hood. I also ordered my wife a built by measure 2mm double lined high pants/jacket w/zip, no hood. Both in professional grade neoprene. Getting ready for the carribean I guess. -- and next summer.
I can't wait to see how stretchy that 1.5 mm suit is. I guess very fragile but I'm willing to deal with that for the comfort.

Just wanted to share my joy ;D

Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
09-17-2002, 12:26 PM,
Re:another wetsuit .. does it ever end?
Yeah...buying new gear is fun ain't it? I just ordered a new Halcyon BP/Wing setup today. Smile
09-17-2002, 03:41 PM,
Fred,
Don't leave out the details, like who did you order from and how much :-)
Mark
A bad day of diving is still better than a good day at the office............
09-17-2002, 05:05 PM,
Mark,

I ordered the wetsuits from Elios Sub over in Italy. Unbelievable - custom fit (you send them about 16 different measurements) professional neoprene priced at $145 EUR. for the type of suits I ordered + shipping it works out to be about $170 each U.S. I ordered mine with closed cell outside with some stretchy nylon elastic interior to help keep it from tearing and ordered my wifes 2mm with a superstretch interior (like my 3mm) and a nylon elastic outer to keep it from tearing so easily. Their custom fit economy neoprene, double lined is priced at $114 EUR. + shipping. Right now the EURO is almost equal to the USD, actually slightly less.

a good currency converter I've found is at

Fred
Cold and dark down there huh?
09-17-2002, 08:15 PM,
gp, congradulations! Let's go diving when you get it.
09-17-2002, 09:31 PM,
Hey GP, did you go AL or SS on the back plate? Congrats on the suit Fred. Happiness is getting new dive gear. Of course misery is getting the bill. :o
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

Tom
09-18-2002, 05:07 AM,
I went with SS.